Should i put all of them in the fridge ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

francoeura22

Reaction score
So my Beer is ready, taste fine but could be better. Only 3 weeks since bottling. my question here is should i put all of them in the fridge or let them sit at room temp ? Will the taste still get better even in the fridge ?? Also my beer is a bit cloudy , nothing to worry about but what could i do ?? Tanks

Either would probably be fine, just don't store them anyplace too hot. Don't expose them to light, either. Just keep them in a box in the dark.

The cloudiness could be caused by yeast, chill haze, or something else we aren't aware of. You can try cold crashing a few bottles for a week in the fridge and see how that does for the clarity of the beer.

Put some in the fridge for a week to see if it's where you want it. When the carb & flavor are good,you could put them all in the fridge.
The cloudy stuff will settle out in the fridge just like cold crashing. It'll settle any chill haze & get co2 into solution.

Most folks don't have a separate beer fridge to hold entire multiple cases of beer. Most of us just put a few bottles in at any given time, and store the rest at room temp, or cooler if they can. It doesn't really matter. Have you ever gone into a beerstore and seen all the beer sitting at room temp? If it was harmful they wouldn't be doing it, would they?

My second fridge is empty, waiting for them :p I just wanted to be sure That this Would not stop the progress of the taste !!

I just put one weekend's worth at a time in the fridge and let the the others continue to age in the closet. I would assume that once you put the beer in the fridge the yeast activity (carbing) will slow to a crawl, if not stop altogether.

Back