Plumbing help?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluemoose

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Any plumbers out there help me figure out how to plumb a double vanity from a single?

The water supply and drain come up from through the floor. It is currently in the center of what will be my double vanity. The issues are:

The double has drawers in the middle and and cabinet doors in front of the sinks. There is a bit of space behind the drawers.

I need to go from 1 to 2 water supplies, and not sure whether to do two s traps.

I was thinking I could just tee each of the current water supplies and have 4 valves, two for each sink, hot and cold.

Wondering if I should use two drain traps or if I should run both sinks to a single trap.

Any diagrams and pitfalls would be hlepful.

Thanks

you can tee above the first trap and save money on getting a second trap. That seems the easiest as, drain lines aren't that complicated.

I would split after the first valves so that you can shut it off better if there are any leaks, and you don't have a leak before the working valves. Whether you install a second set of valves or really even a third is up to you, and will only provide greater flexibility in the future for control and repairs. In my opinion, keep it simple.

Each sink will needs its own trap just below the sink then combine them with the proper sweep T before going into the wall. Be sure you have fall in the lines.

For the hot and cold I don't think it matter if you T and then valves or valves and then T, either way you will be able to shut off the water if you need to do a repair.

Back