Building a Brew Room

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WKU_Doc_D

Reaction score
What's the one piece of equipment you have in your brewing arsenal that if it broke today, you'd purchase a new one tomorrow?

Thermometer, mash tun, propane burner, scale.
Pretty much anything I don't have a backup for.

Other than airlocks and fermenting buckets, if it goes down it's getting replaced right away.
Can't brew without all of it.

Propane burner. At 40 dollars its a must have. Saves so much time on brewday although I still heat sparge water on the gas stove.

My Immersion chiller broke after I left it outside in the winter. I replaced it with a CFC (which I keep inside...) and If it were to break I'd replace it immediately again.

Well, brewstand and kettles - although they are unlikely to "break." Something that "could" break, that I would replace instantly - immersion chiller. To be honest though - almost everything I have bought I consider "essential" and can't think of much that I would not replace.

Transfer pump, gotta agree. I didn't have one for 21 years. Bought one and there is no way I'd do without. Recirculating is a breeze. But the main reason is pumping from the patio to the fermenting room in the basement. No way am I ever carrying carboys up and down those steps again.

Back