Great Beer Community

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rwinzing

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just wanted to put somethig out there. I am a member of a couple of beer related "web communties" HBT, BA, etc. this community is outstanding in the way it's members treat one another. I was very active on BA for awhile but grew tired of all the negitive posts and the constant thread bashing. I see very little of this here and I am greatful. I don't know in the mods are more active or that as a whole this community just "gets it". I want to believe it is the latter. I would love to have beers with most of you. Thanks for making this fourm a safe place to ask questions, build knowledge and make friends.

Cheers!

I agree that this forum is a great place. Most everyone is very supportive and willing to help. I have learned a ton about brewing from reading the posts here.

Great Place.

+1

All about the mindset.

When you're in a "want to critique beer" mindset, it's natural to critique other posts & threads

When you're in a "want to make a better beer" mindset, it's natural to help other brewers make better beer and find a common, community-driven best practice.

Plus, when you actually make the stuff, you appreciate the time, effort and thought that goes into it. When you just drink someone else's effort, all you can do is say why it tastes good or bad; you can't really offer the beer tips on how to be better.

Plus the mods are active, encouraging and helpful, and homebrewers in general tend to be a relaxed (DWHAHB) bunch.

I've been finding that being more laid back makes for better beer. It goes along way fostering patience. That's one of the 1st things learned around here.

I'm new here but I've been lurking for a while and yeah you guys rule. Thanks for all the help and support you don't know you are giving!

Back