Brewing TV

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome, will there be any good tips on making a authentic burton region beer? I love doing bitters with a burton water profile. I can't wait to see that episode.

who exactly is shooting the episode for brewing tv, is it a club brew or just some kind of guest brew? I'm a brewing tv fanatic, lol, trying to get the low down scoop here.

Trust me it's the real deal. Might not release until August but it's the real thang. We did not adjust water because I could not get a recent water report from the city. Wait until you see the amount of hops that went into this batch. I have to go sit down now while I'm waiting on the boil to finish!!!

I've wanted to brew a Burton Ale since I read the recent Zymurgy article on it. Care to share the recipe?

I've wanted to brew a Burton Ale since I read the recent Zymurgy article on it. Care to share the recipe?

The recipe in the Zymurgy article is the one we followed but it is a 10 gallon batch. Wow Lot-o-Hops!!!! This will be a very interesting beer.

Awesome! When are you filming it? Those guys seem very cool!

Filming in my basement brewery. Won't air until August due to NHC etc.

GREAT episode, Bryon! I really enjoyed it!!!
Those ribs looked awesome.

Just got back from Hawaii did not have laptop with me. That was fun taping episode 40. Lot's of bloopers didn't make it. Chip is crazy. He's coming over on Thursday to sample the Burton Ale.

The brew scene in HI is pretty sparse. Anyone want to start a brew club in HI?

We have a brew club, is called Homebrew On Pacific Shores (ie HOPS), I have not checked them out as I'm PCSing off Island soon. Our only brew shop is run my a guy called Mike nice guy and pretty good rates (considering we live on a rock in the middle of the pacific ocean) Yeast is the problem, although he stocks white labs and will special order some times you get vials that are pushing the 4 month window.

Clem

P.S. BrewingTV is awesome, only found out about it recently watch them all! It is the right blend of stupid fun (Jake) and serious (Dawson) Chips editing and camera work is great. Only two complaints it is only on every second Friday and the episodes aren't long enough.... just kidding guys love the work

Hey peeps. The Burton Ale we brewed June of 2011 is finally in the dispensing keg and will be tasted on the next episode of Chop & Brew. BTV is DEAD!!!! So there will be a new show to replace it.

More info and links to come ASAP!!!
Cheers

Sad to hear about the BTV death, loved that show. But since Dawson and Keeler left, it lost steam.

Excited about Chop & Brew!

Hey peeps. The Burton Ale we brewed June of 2011 is finally in the dispensing keg and will be tasted on the next episode of Chop & Brew. BTV is DEAD!!!! So there will be a new show to replace it.

More info and links to come ASAP!!!
Cheers

Bryon, what happened to BTV? Did you kill it with your crazy antics (eating that big spoonful of hops when youse guys brewed that crazy IPA)? lol Sad to hear it's no more, but definitely will keep an eye for you and Chip.

Okay, now all three of you are out on your own doing something similar.

How about calling Keeler and Dawson and pooling your resources!? Are you prohibited from doing that?

Need my BTV (or whatever you want to call it) fix!

There definitely seems to be a "bigger" story here; mass exodus from BTV. What's up with that?

Inquiring minds want to know. :D

Alright, I got C&B bm'd and will be awaiting the new videos anxiously. Best of luck to youse guys on your endeavors.

Need to get that on Roku Nowhere man channel.

What happened over there? Jake was the main gazaine over at the new NB, wasn't he?

I'm sure we'll hear nothing in this thread but it would be cool to know. BTV was a staple of a s*it ton of brewers here.

I personally think northern brewer has gone down hill and possibly still sliding....i dont really care because i dont order from them but thats just my opinion.

really pleased chip has decided to keep this alive. i look forward to getting byo in the post and now this! woot!

This all seemed to happen around the time NB eliminated their flat rate shipping. Sounds like they had a "new & improved" business plan change with some policy changes. Jake, Michael, & Chip seemed like the type of guys you would like to share a few beers with.

Back