Natural gas setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stoutfan72

Reaction score
I would like to use a natural gas setup for brewing in a keggle. I have an existing 1/2 hookup for my outdoor gas grille, with a quick disconnect. I was interested in the hurricane burner, but on youtube I have not noticed anyone using a psi. regulator on the hose, usually just a shutoff valve(balltype). Does anyone know if this is proper, and also how well does the hurricane burner work. I would appriciate any help with this because I am getting ready to purchase the necc. equipment, as soon as the hurricane burner becomes availible on nov. 21 as per the manufacture.

Works great for me. You need to figure out what your gas pressure is at the point of delivery. http://www.komar.org/faq/manometer/ is good starting point. The Hurricane normally runs off 1 psi propane via a regulator, a drilled out valve for NG works well you just have to dial it in to your set up. You don't need a regulator unless for some reason you have way too much NG coming through your lines in which case you should be calling your utility company to come have a look.

Back