need female barbs !!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigmatt

Reaction score
I have built a Brutus ten clone ,I really need to find some 1/2" -1/2" FEMALE stainless barbs.I was getting them from Bargain fittings,but they are out of stock,I have been unable to find them for a reasonable price anywhere else,any ideas?

Could you not use a standard 1/2" male barb with a coupler? The combined price at bargainfittings.com is actually cheaper than the full-bore 1/2" female threaded barb...

Cheers!

Could you post a picture of how you ended up needing a female fitting or explain in more detail? I'm just curious.. not doubting your need for one.I was trying to think of a workaround, cheers...

I needed the female barbs ,because I have the cam-locks with the male threads,Yes I could have used a coupler,to make it work,But I wanted keep it cleaner looking,with less fittings.

They are ordered,Thanks Bargain.

Matt

I needed the female barbs ,because I have the cam-locks with the male threads,Yes I could have used a coupler,to make it work,But I wanted keep it cleaner looking,with less fittings.

They are ordered,Thanks Bargain.

Matt

fwiw, many of us put a street elbow behind a type B camlock and run the 1/2" ID silicone tubing right up on the elbow threads (after dulling them down a little bit). Full flow, hot hanging hoses won't kink, it's all good. No barbs required...

Cheers!

Thanks Day Trippr ,Yes I knew about that ,and that is what I am going to do on some of the hose ends,I just needed a few Barbs for myself for the pump ends of the hose ,and a friend of mine is also building a Brut Ten,He asked me to get him some.You can never have too many fittings laying around the brewhouse LOL!

Back