Manual 2 Head counter pressure bottling line

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewmoor

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am working on a new project for the brewery that I thought you guys might like to see. Fairly simple manual bottling line. We are working on putting out 22oz bombers locally and needed a somewhat efficient way to do it.

I got a 12 spot bottle rinse device from morebeer, 2 counter pressure fillers with adjustable pressure valves on them. I took the 3 way valve off the top and replaced with just a SS T. The switch from co2 to fluid will be done with solenoid valves on the control panel so there will be no fooling around with individual ball valves.

I am going to mount the heads to drawer sliders and attach springs to the frame so the heads stay up until you pull them down into the bottles. Here are a couple of pictures of what I have done so far. I hope to have it finished within the week. I will update when it is finished and try to get a video of it in action.

In this picture you can see the broken ladder that tried to kill me. I cut it up and used the metal to frame out the system.

289682_2465382761774_1468420387_32862893_1309502502_o.jpg

338165_2483707939892_1468420387_32880114_448225094_o.jpg

not to hijack a thread, but i have that same ladder, what happened to it where it tried to kill you?

Ha.... Wet brewery floor, coming off the loft. Ladder slipped and I hit a cabinet and our HLT on the way down. It sucked. bruised/cracked rib, black eye, and cut up legs and arms.

I visited a winery while back and they rigged their counter pressure bottle filler with foot controls to make it much faster.

What ever happened to this bottle filler? Love the idea and would like to do something similar.

It is still going. I just did some modifications to it last week. We do about 30 cases of bombers at a time on average. Works pretty good. Not really going to do high volumes with it but for the cost it is for sure a good way to get started. The next one we are looking at is a 4 head automatic filler and capper. This one ended up costing me a couple hundred dollars. The 4 head is 28k.

So do you do timed fills with the solenoids? 1 button does both co2 and the beer fill?

I've seen the auto filler/capper on ebay. Slick but $$$$$.

Thanks!

It is not a timed fill. One momentary switch for purging, then a standard switch for filling. Push on for beer. Push again for off. It is a very simple design. I have sinces switched out the pressure release devices that came with the fillers to just a simple ball valve with back flow prevention. I also put a 3 way valve on the co2 line so I can rinse the small section before the back flow of beer.

It's damn good to see you guys have expanded since start-up. I saw cans on your website!

Latest posts

Back