help with flaked oats

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoCoPoboy

Reaction score
I have a # of flaked oats I haven't used from a precious recipe
Does anyone have any ideas as to what I could use them to brew I know I could possibly for a stout but any other ideas?

I have a porter recipe on my profile that fits a pound of oats easily. Silly good recipe.

But like someone said.. find a recipe you like... add it. It would work for a nice brown ale, or a porter, a stout would benefit from it, but might get lost in there in some cases.

Honestly.. I'd do a porter, or just got nuts, and toss it in a pale ale. It won't add much flavor to it, especially if you do a 2 row, and say, a little munich and some crystal, but will have a head on it that literally sticks your glass and stays.

My vote is a porter though. Easy drinker, doesn't need a ton of stuff, and the oats I personally think, shine better in a porter than they do in a larger roastier stout.... but a lighter beer does intrigue me.

Had an idea for an ale the "Drunk barbie blonde Ale" still tweaking the recipe since the oats leave a protien haze

Back