Brewing gluten free - washing equipment?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Psych

Reaction score
I normally brew with gluten-esque ingredients, heck I love gluten. But I thought I'd try to brew a gluten free beer for kicks and as I know a couple people with celiac that maybe might like to try them.

Is there a sort of baseline cleaning I should perform that will for sure let me use my existing kettle, fermentation vessel (buckets), siphon hose and bottles? All of these things normally hold regular beer.

I'd hate to go to the trouble of making a GF beer, giving it to these folks and having them get sick from it. Thanks!

I brew both gluten free and non gluten free beer using the same equiptment. I dont really do anything special when switching to gluten free just make sure everything is clean. I havent had a problem with that system so far...

My sister has Celiac disease. When preparing food, she can use the same pots, pans, countertops, etc. as long as they are given a goof scrub with a soapy sponge. I would clean normally, but make sure you make a really thorough job of it, whatever your methods may be.

Right on, thanks guys! Anything I use I'll clean religiously and flush all lines with blc and stuff for good measure.

Back