40 oz. bottle caps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

locust

Reaction score
Hello brewers!

Perhaps you can help me with a predicament I am in. I am attempting to reuse 40 oz. screw cap bottles to bottle water for personal use. But I have had almost no luck finding a source for new screw caps to fit these bottles. I found one potential source that had a minimum order amount of $500, a little overkill for my purposes. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Drink Tecate and Sol, and use beer caps!
3712-020207_21001.jpg

Hit your local liquor store and see if they will give you some returns. Boil the caps and reuse. I did this once for a novelty gift. Seem to work fine.

I see a lot of views but not many replies. No one has done this before and can refer me to a distributor? I also don't know the size standard of these caps. It would be really nice if I could get a hold of the ones with the plastic tamper proof ring that screws on and then can't come off.

Thank you for the tips everyone. I will look into the PET caps. Those fit a 40 oz. glass beer bottle? I am still in a state of slight disbelief that I can nowhere find the metal screw caps available new to a non-commercial consumer. As you can see I am still on the slow search so keep the responses coming. I know I'm not the only one interested in figuring this out. Thanks!

Thank you for the tips everyone. I will look into the PET caps. Those fit a 40 oz. glass beer bottle? I am still in a state of slight disbelief that I can nowhere find the metal screw caps available new to a non-commercial consumer. As you can see I am still on the slow search so keep the responses coming. I know I'm not the only one interested in figuring this out. Thanks!

NOW I WANT TO BOTTLE IN 40s

Latest posts

Back