Sick of it

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KayaBrew

Reaction score
I'm f*cking so sick of some of the goddamn attitudes people have on this site. Noobs write in to ask for advice from more experienced folks and all they get is f*cking attitude from the so-called "experts". Someone wants to know why there are no bubbles in their airlock after 24 hours? You get a full page rant about how "Fermentation can take 24 to 72 hours to start". Jesus, we all had to start somewhere! You know who you are, so f*ck off!!!

3772332519_3038df122a.jpg

Use a PM. Unless you mean *Everybody*

Ouch, all though I know its not aimed at me. Think about the logistics Kaya. There are many new brewers on this site and I hope none of them are as PC illiterate as me. There is a search function that works much better than many other forums here. Most brewers enjoy finding the answer for themselves, that is why we brew batches that others have already tried and failed at. WE WANT TO FIND OUR SELF. There are more than a thousand(exponential) "why are the no bubbles" threads. Every day there is a new one. I understand this is their first batch and they are worried they have ruined it. But it all comes down to RDWHAHB. If they did this while they explored the search function, then they wouldn't receive posts from "more experienced brewers" that have forgotten RDWHAHB. I dont condone the posts of those that have gorgotten and I dont condone yours. I'm just trying to point out that some people are more easily riled by the same continous post than another person. Maybe its the economy maybe not, many of us are one edge. We are normally a helpfull and forgiving group to the newcomers same old question because yes we have all been there. None of us are professional brewers although some think they could be. Who knows, one day, maybe one day some of us will be pro and remember our humble beginnings. Until then we are a community and like all communities some are a little less grounded than others. Some of the least grounded could very well be savaant when it comes to beer. If there is a paticular person that riles you time and again block their post from being visible to you in your preferences. Most of all RDWHAHB.

I'm f*cking so sick of some of the goddamn attitudes people have on this site. Noobs write in to ask for advice from more experienced folks and all they get is f*cking attitude from the so-called "experts". Someone wants to know why there are no bubbles in their airlock after 24 hours? You get a full page rant about how "Fermentation can take 24 to 72 hours to start". Jesus, we all had to start somewhere! You know who you are, so f*ck off!!!

I'm curious...what's the "right" answer for someone who is worried about no airlock bubbles in 24 hours? Seems to be that the best answer would be a (fairly long) explanation about airlocks not being a good indicator of fermentation, and some of the reasons fermentation might not start quickly, and some possible courses of action. To some, this might seem like a rant. To the "noob" who asked the question, it might be a lot more helpful than "RDWHAHB".

Personally, I think that most of the long-time members of this board (at least the ones who continue to answer these kind of questions) are exceedingly patient. More so than I am...which is why I rarely answer them any more, and am very thankful that others pick up my slack :mug:

Hmmm. I am pretty new here and have really appreciated all the help. Now that I am a mid-level beer geek, I feel I can help others too. A thorough description of why airlock bubbling isn't important is a very good intro for a newbie, and I believe that same rant helped me quite a bit.

A recent thread just like this seems like a good way to handle it: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f163/please-help-fermenting-ruined-131761/

Nobody is being rude or mean, just offering opinion... out of all the forums for various topics I have ever been on, this one has struck me as one of the nicest and most attentive. Everyone seems to want to help. I'm actually bummed out that you are so upset, it makes me upset too!

Edit: on some other boards I am on, if you would post a newbie level question akin to "whatsup with no bubbles" you would have a bunch of people trying to flag your thread for deletion, a mod yelling at you to use the search function, and some other jerks harassing you. In contrast, I think it works bloody well here.

I don't recall reading any rants about how long fermentation can take before showing any signs.

The beauty of a forum is that you can choose which threads to read, or not, so you don't have to read something you might not like.

It also seems like you are the one with the attitude.

-Steve

If there is a paticular person that riles you time and again block their post from being visible to you in your preferences. Most of all RDWHAHB.

+1 on doing this. ;)

If you notice another member being a constant negative aspect to this forum contact a Moderator or myself. Else send them a PM which surprising does work as people sometimes don't realize how they come off or put them on your ignore list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back