Be Honest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HenryHill

Reaction score
If you were around in 1919 (just before prohibition started) and came upon the following poster...

Prohibition_Pic.jpg

I mean, seriously, would YOU quit drinking?

all the beer adds have hot women in them.

I guess anti-liquor adds have.... what are they?

the one on the mid-left looks like a baked wax figure.

I would continue drinking! only so I won't have to touch these esthetically challenged ladies !

temperance-medicine-MoralThermoColor.JPG

The tepmerance thermometer didn't seem to think Beer, Wine, and Porter were all that bad.
Kind of reminds me of Fable 2's food system...

My thought is that it would take liquor to even make you want to touch those lips.

Maybe it was typo and should have read...

"Lips that touch liquor, may end up touching ours"

...a warning of beer goggles and chewed off arm syndrome?

"The bottle don't make you do a thing...it just lets you..."

-Mike Cooley, DBT

i dont think i could drink enough liquor to even convince myself to even think about it.

I just spit out my coffee...... that's the funniest thing I have ever seen. and I've seen soem funny stuff.

Most ladies are much hotter now...all the sober men realized what they were doing, evolution took over and all the uglies died off. Long live prohibition! :mug:

I'll play along; if I had to pick one or die I might go with the one sitting in the bottom left or the one in the top right corner. :drunk:

OLD_TIME_HOOKER.jpg

I dunno guys this one here looks like alot of the old honky tonk hunnies left over at closing time.

Funny to think that that woman would not think in a million years she would be getting comments from brewer's on the mystical interwebs wanting to do her most out of her fellow anti-liquorites.

Yar, seeing HBT on my laptop at work isn't isn't a big deal, explaining nekkid women (even covered in mud) is! Thnx for removing.

Prohibition was driven by the female segment of the American population, made possible by women gaining the right to vote. They were probably jealous because they weren't getting their share of the booze. :drunk:

Prohibition was driven by the female segment of the American population, made possible by women gaining the right to vote. They were probably jealous because they weren't getting their share of the booze. :drunk:

Well, to be honest, they did have a point, kinda. At the time, smacking your wife around was considered OK. There was no TV, no radio. About the only entertainment was going to a bar. A lot of guys would regularly get loaded, go home, and smack the old lady around.

Today, those same guys wear "wife beaters" and get to star on "Cops".

Back