Looking for a Stone's Russian Imperial stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

river rat

Reaction score
I am looking for a Stone's Russian Imperial stout clone recipe. Anyone have an idea how to find one?

Gotta love the Ruination partial-mash recepie that calls for 22oz of Centennial whole hops for dry-hopping! :eek:

Yes, I know its a typo and supposed to be 2oz. Still made me laugh

Has anyone tried brewing the AG clone recipe for Stone Imperial Russian Stout from stonebrew.com? Is it close to the real thing?

Has anyone tried brewing the AG clone recipe for Stone Imperial Russian Stout from stonebrew.com? Is it close to the real thing?

from my experience of doing RIS's, the recipe looks pretty good, except for one problem: Not so certain the yeast will finish out to the extent desired. I bet it does get pretty close if done properly. Maybe add some Super High Gravity into the secondary (with a rigorous starter going) when the English Ale yeast is done. Maybe Zurich Lager would work as well. May just use the Zurich Lager yeast and nothing else. Hmmmm almost time to make a RIS....

Back