Oh...you know...just a Tuesday and Im sippin Westvleteren 12!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JefeTheVol

Reaction score
So my buddy shows up from atlanta about 30 minutes ago and says "My brother spent some time in Belgium and came back with some beers. He gave me two so we could each have one". Im like, "cool, whatevs"

Then he pulls out a couple of beers with no labels and the cap says....well you can just see the cap in the picture! Rock on!

Prost!
fr_29_size580.jpg

awesome, I'm heading to Brussels on the 21st and finding some is the first thing on my list

Was just over there in September. Didn't know I should be looking for this...

I did bring back a lot of other good beers though.

turkeyjerky214 said:
Was just over there in September. Didn't know I should be looking for this...

I did bring back a lot of other good beers though.

You can bring liquids on a plane now?

Is it a good beer? how does it compare to a Chimay or Rochefort?

It has more of a malt profile than Chimay and I couldn't really appreciate much hop aroma(obviously) and the bitterness was mild. The yeast profile is a more mild than Chimay IMHO and I have never had Rochefort. The It was extremely well balanced for a 10.2% ABV beer. I felt that it was more carbed than I am used to for such a hight ABV beer and the mouthfeel was velvety and smooth. Great beer, and its possible that I might never have it again...i am very blessed.
-Jefe-

Back