Dry Peach Wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captianoats

Reaction score
So I was doing some racking/bottling/etc. on the wines I have going right now, and I got to the peach wine that I have going. Is my first attempt at using fresh peaches to make wine.

Anyways, it is fantastic as is. It smells like a ripe peach, has the right color, has cleared, and since it was fairly low alcohol, the burn is gone after only a few months. I went ahead and stabilized. Right now I am definately going to keep some of it dry, I just have to decide if I want to sweeten some of it up to make it a "typical" peach wine, since I have never seen a dry peach wine before.

What was your recipee for your peach wine? I know I'm not answering the question, but you've sparked my interest.

25 lbs peaches
8 lbs sugar
5 campden tablets
5 tsp acid blend
5 tsp yeast nutrient
1 1/4tsp tannin
pectic enzyme
champagne yeast
OG was 1.092

chunked up peaches and tossed into a fermentation bag along with everything but the yeast. Next day after the campden was done doing its thing I added the yeast. Let it go for about 10 days, pulled the peaches and racked to secondary. When it was clear I racked again and stabilized.

Oh yeah, the peaches were VERY ripe and fresh off the tree. Got them from a u-pick orchard nearby.

I've been wanting to try a peach wine. :)

I have some peaches in the freezer waiting for secondaries to free up.

As for sweetening, its pretty easy to sweeten part of the batch. I'd go for it.

Back