Help with beer line length and style temp?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aleforge

Reaction score
I looked over the stickied guide and got somewhat confused on how to set this all up.

I only have a single regulator, so the two types of beer that are ready to keg will have to have the same level of carbonation. I can live with that until I get a different setup!

I have an American Hefeweizen and an American Lager. One site told me the german variety of Hefeweizens are suppose to be at 3.3-4.5 and lagers at 2.2to 2.7.

I thought about just shooting for a solid 3 and keeping them both at 38'F seving temp.

What do you guys think I should do?

And what length of lines do I need, figured someone might know right off the top of their head.

Thanks!:ban:

I did use the search feature and came across that thread. When I click on the link it asks me for a username and password and I was unable to bypass it.:confused:

I also would like an opinion on converging carb levels for two different styles.

In a nutshell, sure go for 2.8-3.0 CO2 volumes. 38F is a little cool for me...I serve at 44F, but to each his own.

there are a ton of charts out there for balancing the serving line to your carbing/serving pressure. I run about 10psi at 44F, with 8feet of beerline.

In a nutshell, sure go for 2.8-3.0 CO2 volumes. 38F is a little cool for me...I serve at 44F, but to each his own.

there are a ton of charts out there for balancing the serving line to your carbing/serving pressure. I run about 10psi at 44F, with 8feet of beerline.

Does 16.5 PSI at 38'F with 80" of line sound right? This would be for a 3.0 level.

I could never run 16psi on my system with 6.5 feet of line.... 10 feet pours great though. My angle on line length is always too much is better than not enough.

Thats what that calculator told me! I finally got it to download. Although it wouldn't run up to a 3.0 level with Hefeweizen selected.

Would someone just "tell" me what to set the PSI / TEMP / Line Length to?

I have 2 kegs coming of a splitter so they have to be at the same level of carbonation. 3" shanks.

:mug:

I can't tell ya anything except for what works for me. I have 10 feet of 3/16" on every one of my faucets no matter what pressure I decide to run. Some beers pour a tiny bit slower than others but none of them foam. The highest pressure I've run so far is 17psi for my wheats but my freezer is set to 41F so that's about 2.9 volumes.

http://www.northernbrewer.com/instructions/co2.htm

I go as low as 10 psi for English beers and a pint will still pour within 4-5 seconds so I have no reason NOT to recommend 10' of line.

I can't tell ya anything except for what works for me. I have 10 feet of 3/16" on every one of my faucets no matter what pressure I decide to run. Some beers pour a tiny bit slower than others but none of them foam. The highest pressure I've run so far is 17psi for my wheats but my freezer is set to 41F so that's about 2.9 volumes.

http://www.northernbrewer.com/instructions/co2.htm

I go as low as 10 psi for English beers and a pint will still pour within 4-5 seconds so I have no reason NOT to recommend 10' of line.

Awesome thank you so much Bobby!

10' Line
41' F
17 PSI

2.9 Volumes.

Sounds perfect to me! :mug:

if you havent gotten around to installing some nice faucets, and are still using a picnic tap like myself....well 4-5" of foam free tubing is all you need.

I give you, the "boner" keg

3394-pics.jpg

Works great never had an issue with over 100 kegs of various brews

How does that work? With all this strict line sizing I would think making it that short might cause a problem? I do have shanks and faucets though, or I might try out your boner first. :mug:

Back