What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mendocino Brewing Company's Imperial Stout. The only beer of theirs I don't care for. Much too chocolately sweet for my taste, very malty, like glue between my lips. Tastes more like a dark barley wine. However, I will give it one thing and that is I cannot taste the booze at all. For a 10% beer, that's something.

not my photo:
mendocino-imperial-stout.jpg

weirdboy said:
Had a Figueroa Mountain 1st Anniversary Black Ale earlier when I was out for an early dinner, but forgot to take a pic.

I'm finally back and settled in for the day and pulled a pint of my mild to finish the day.

Where did you have that?
It wasn't Big Cone was it?

Green Flash 2011 Barleywine. Hops are still present, an interesting fruity nose upon warming.
Had a good evening at the local "surf" pub, one of only four bars with good beer within driving distance, plus a homebrew is usually welcome if you share.

weirdboy said:
It was on tap at a local place in Hermosa Beach. It's a very tasty beer.

Wow, their distribution is greater than they are given credit for. Their beers are great.

Torment from Heretic, High Tide from Port Brewing, a sour my cousin made, then followed by Alaskan Birch Bock, and Alaskan Baltic Porter.

Sounds like a great tasting. I can't wait to try out some Heretic brews, and I know Alaskan makes some really nice $hit.

.......Quoting for the glassware.....

Veddy, veddy nice glass ya got there! :mug:

HPIM1241.jpg

Put down some homebrewed honey hefeweizens and have a batch of pumpkin pie ale and a blonde trippel fermenting at the present.

NordeastBrewer77 said:
Sounds like a great tasting. I can't wait to try out some Heretic brews, and I know Alaskan makes some really nice $hit.

Veddy, veddy nice glass ya got there! :mug:

I and my wife drank the whole case of Birch Bock at our local pub.

grimstuff said:
Mendocino Brewing Company's Imperial Stout. The only beer of theirs I don't care for. Much too chocolately sweet for my taste, very malty, like glue between my lips. Tastes more like a dark barley wine. However, I will give it one thing and that is I cannot taste the booze at all. For a 10% beer, that's something.

not my photo:

Hey Ukiah bud

Just drank a Guinness Black. Not impressed. The guys that made me wanna drink craft beer are going commercial. Taste like a watered down version of the real thing.

Airborneguy said:
Margaritas again tonight. I found a $19.99 bottle of 100% agave silver tequila and Costco has a surprisingly awesome mix I've beer buying lately. I'm off tonight, bring it on!

That Costco margarita is AWESOME

My Zombie Dust clone! This is the first beer that I've made that has convinced me that I can make good beer. My first reaction was "Holy ****, I made this!?"

Smuttynose-Scotch style ale. Really good.Best scotch ale ive had,havent really had that many but so far so good. One of those wow! beers. Bourbon,oak,wisky barrel. I dont know whats making this so good? Yeast? Check this one out if you like scotch ales.

Clifton said:
NO WAY!!! I'm drinking the same beer, just not six of them. Also, I'm drinking in a hotel too. I really need to remember to pack a pint glass when I travel. Cheers!!

Hey cheers to you too. My 16oz coffee mug works in a pinch. Much better than the 9 oz plastic cups you get in the room.

Courtesy of Weirdboy! Appreciate this one, bud. Not a brewery I would've thought to seek out, but a very nice, and super hoppy IPA. We had some guests over on Saturday for some brewing and tasting, and enjoyed a few of the others. Thanks again!! :mug:
HPIM1242.jpg

Latest posts

Back