Question - Take a Look at This Chest Freezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I saw a keezer build on here whit the same style hinge. I think they ended up just buying another hinge from the hardware store.

Are you crazy? That RED color rules!!!

Exactly like my old one, I just put a tower on top. The kegs cleared the top just fine without any collar.

The red is nice looking.. but I'm a diehard Duke fan and Red just isn't my color! My friends that are NC State fans wouldn't let me live it down haha

Maybe I could paint it! LOL

I thought I had seen a thread of someones build that looked like those type hinges and thought they may have just done away with those hinges and put some on the back, but I couldn't find it and didn't know how much trouble it would be...

Exactly like my old one, I just put a tower on top. The kegs cleared the top just fine without any collar.

If i were starting fresh I may would go that route but since I already have 3 taps in my kegerator that I'll be moving over to the keezer I'd hate to spend the extra $$ to go with towers..

Heck I may end up getting it anyway.. it's about too nice to pass up for that price.. I called and spoke to the guy and he said he repairs them and painted this one.. said he asked his little girl Red or Blue and she picked Red! haha

I painted mine with rust oleum black hammered finish paint. All I did was wash with oxyclean, sand to allow adhesion and then rolled it on. Turned out great. It only took about 3 hours.

BUY IT....

you can add your own hinges if need be, or go the tower route.

ps. the color is off the hook.... just sayin'

-=Jason=-

Hinges can be no problem, even with a collar. I have the same kind of hinges on my keezer.

I used 1" thick plywood for the collar, and the back of the collar is 3 pieces thick. I drilled the middle piece for the hinge pins, and the weight of the collar (8" high all the way around) is enough to keep everything in place.

Enjoy!

PS...The red color is TEH BOMBZ!

Back