i have to take a year off

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loganb

Reaction score
cause i am about to deploy really soon. iraq means no beer unless its near beer. only 12 months this time and hopefully they switch to the 9 month deployments with 2 years home. but please brew more for the next year for me. ill be workin on a welcome home brew for when i get back yall take care

cause i am about to deploy really soon. iraq means no beer unless its near beer. only 12 months this time and hopefully they switch to the 9 month deployments with 2 years home. but please brew more for the next year for me. ill be workin on a welcome home brew for when i get back yall take care

Thank you for your service and have a safe trip. You make us all proud to be Americans! :mug:

Thanks for your service! Doesn't sound like this is your first deployment. Hang in there and be safe.

As said before, thank you for your service!

Having just got back to brewing, following over a year off (due to kids/family obligations), I have to say that you won't forget how to brew. Just because you can't brew doesn't mean you can't research it, so maybe it's time to pick up some of the books out there on our pastime, and learn even more while you're not able to pitch any yeast.

Take care, keep your eyes and ears open, and come home in one peace, please.

You should get some big beers (barleywines and the such) in the bottle before you go so you have some well aged beauties waiting for your return. Semper Fi.

i thought about that but i have only been here in hawaii for about 2 months and just got all my house hold goods about a month ago. then i thought about making a lambic so that it could sit for a year. but i think i will just wait till r&r and make something if the wife lets me its only 2 weeks of a "vacation" about half way thru. thanks yall

You should get some big beers (barleywines and the such) in the bottle before you go so you have some well aged beauties waiting for your return. Semper Fi.

I brewed and bottled some barleywine and a wee-heavy before deployments and they were just totally amazing upon my return. Do that!

Also, order a 6 gal BB, some star-san, red-star Mont yeast, and a 3-part air lock. Mail it to your future location. Have your buddies grab 60 little apple juice boxes from the chow hall. Follow EdWort's recipe. (I just haven't figured out how to hide the rhino-farts).

JUST KIDDING! But I did think about doing that a hundred times.

See you when you come back.

Cheers,
Michael

i thought about that but i have only been here in hawaii for about 2 months and just got all my house hold goods about a month ago. then i thought about making a lambic so that it could sit for a year. but i think i will just wait till r&r and make something if the wife lets me its only 2 weeks of a "vacation" about half way thru. thanks yall

If you are on O'ahu there is a a homebrew shop near the airport, homebrew in paradise, in case you haven't found it yet. You should try to set aside a few hours for a brew, call it a mental health day. You will thank yourself.

Oh and the applewine idea is genius. what you could do to make it more incognito is to actually brew in the little boxes by having a straw come out into a little cup of water next to it. Then it is already in individual servings as well.

Back