Grumble, Growl, Snarl

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CreamyGoodness

Reaction score
Woke up with a sore throat, so working from home so as not to make my coworkers ill. They probably gave this to me anyway.

My window has a draft.

My wife is on a business trip in Kentucky. I never thought I would put those words in a sentence.

If you are from Kentucky, Im sure its lovely, dont get all shook.

Crappy Monday. Grumble.

so you can walk around the house in your underwear or less, watch whatever you want on TV, eat whatever you want when you want and burp/fart and scratch your junk whenever you want. and not be nagged about anything.

I envy you right now

I am feeling similarly today. I have a sinus infection and have been dealing with it since Friday evening. I work in an engineering firm here in Raleigh, and people have been coming in all year while sick - ranging from stomach illness to the god #@*! flu. Things were great until school started back up. The person who sits behind me came in for a full week with the flu. One of the CAD operators here apparently doesn't think day care applies to him so his daughter will run amok through our rows of cubicles peering over the walls and stare at you as the spawn I see unattended in restaurants will do. This company provides us with general use PTO and more importantly, they provide us all with laptops so we can work from home or from the field as needed. There is no F*$@ing reason for these people to come in to work except to spread their germs. If you don't want to pay for daycare don't have children!! ARGH!!!!!!!

I thought I was going to be sick today, but I decided to wait until Wed. when it will be warmer out so I can brew. You should have planned better!

I did manage to brew a Dortmunder Export on Saturday and transfer my Kolsch to a secondary with nine pounds of frozen blueberries. It sucked dealing with the sinus pressures, pains, and snot but it'll be worth it in a few weeks. Surprisingly enough I hit all my numbers...

My wife is on a business trip in Kentucky. I never thought I would put those words in a sentence.

If you are from Kentucky, Im sure its lovely, dont get all shook.

Crappy Monday. Grumble.

Maybe she can swing through Casey county and check out our famous Obama statue. Heck, she may even be able to get her picture taken standing next to it...

images

What is making me crankier is that absolutely brilliant people I work with can be really stupid. I just want to say "did you hear the words you just said in your head before you said them? If that was truly "your understanding" as you say, did it not occur to you that what you "understood" made no sense at all? How is it that you are a mere degree away from being an actual rocket scientist, and yet the idea of "help desk coverage" throws you?

Made me think of 21st Amendment Hell or High Watermelon.
And AHS has just released:
AHS Watermelon Wheat (20) [04701]

Watermelon flavoring is used to create the unique flavor of this American wheat beer. Flaked wheat provides a balanced profile and a refreshing mouthfeel.

Specialty malts: flaked wheat, white wheat
Featured hops: Select
Other additives: watermelon flavoring

O.G. = 1.049
F.G. = 1.011
Approximately 5.0% ABV
Approximately 162 Cal / 12 oz
Makes 5 US gallons

Fermentable Sugars:
Extract - Liquid: 7 lb Liquid Malt Extract, 1 lb Base Grains, .5 lb Specialty Grains
Extract - Dry: 6 lb Dry Malt Extract, 1 lb Base Grains, .5 lb Specialty Grains
Mini Mash - Liquid: 5 lb Liquid Malt Extract, 2.75 lb Base Grains, .5 lb Specialty Grains
Mini Mash - Dry: 4 lb Dry Malt Extract, 2.75 lb Base Grains, .5 lb Specialty Grains
All Grain: 9.5 lb Base Grains, .5 lb Specialty Grains

White Labs California Ale WLP001.

headbanger said:
Maybe she can swing through Casey county and check out our famous Obama statue. Heck, she may even be able to get her picture taken standing next to it...

That picture is the best worst thing I've seen in a while. I have tears, I'm laughing so hard.

Back