got a couple questions for making cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baddagger

Reaction score
hey all im going to be making 45gallons of hard cider.. this will be my 2nd year doing this but wondring a couple things.

1) im going to be making a few differnt stysles.. 1 5gallon batch with blueberries... one 5 gallon batch wiht raspberries.. and one 5 gallon batch with honey...

Now for these how much shoudl i add for fruit.. i just want to give it a slight flavor nothing overpoweringl. i was thinking maybe a pound. woudl this be to much or not enoff?

As for the honey how much and when shoudl i add it? For the honey batch i want to give it a nice crisp flavor. Also if i store this batch for a whiel woudl it lose the honey flavor ?

2) also for my other question last year when i made cider i kegged after i fermented and add 2 cans of apple concentrate to resweeten the cide.. then puttin it in the kegerator and would not have to worry about the yeast eating the sugar and making it go dry again... Now with making 45gallons i will be storing them in 5 gallon batches.. but they wont be stored in a kegerator now what can i do to resweeten the cider and not risk the yeast eat it all? Or should i just keg all the cider and add the concentrate to a keg right before put it in the kegerator?

Back