Looking for North Central PA and Western NY Brewers / Winemakers...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewSteve

Reaction score
Looking for brewers/winemakers in the North Central PA and Western NY region for a local club.

I recently moved from Erie, PA to a small town called Shinglehouse, PA. The closest form of civilization to my new house is probably Olean, NY, 25 miles away... LOL

I did some searching on the AHA site for local clubs and supposedly there is one in Olean, NY (A.L.E.R.S), but I have not gotten any responses back from emails, and the guy at the local homebrew shop told me the club hasn't got together in quite a while.

So what's a guy to do except start his own club... :mug:

I went to a local event two weeks ago (Olean Wine and Swine Fest) where they had a judging for homebrewed beers, homemade wine, and amauteur rib cookers. Great time and met a few local brewers, but now we are searching for more brewers/winemakers in the area.

We're starting out with a Facebook group and if we get enough interest we'll make a website.

The group is brand new so there are only a few members and posts, but we are hoping to get a bunch of people together to start having monthly get togethers to share homebrews and food.

If your in the area, join the group and share some of your info and experience.

PA Wilds Homebrewers

Bump to the top for the Wednesday crowd. Hoping to find some more brewers living out here in the sticks...

Thanks for looking :mug:

Hello Steve! I'm a couple hours away from ya, but I'm willing to help out your new site. Just signed up on here (great site!) and your Facebook site.

We know you guys are out there! join the group and post some info so we can all get together and spread the wealth...

Hey Steve, this is Brian from HAZARD. I saw this thread and thought "I should invite him to join" but as it turns out, it's you. I'll let you know about the meeting here in Warren for the new brewery opening. I should get a date set here pretty soon.

Pardon me if I resurrect this dead thread.
I live in Wellsville, and A few others here brew.

I hope you got together a club.

I went to the ALERS club in Olean many years ago.
Nice guys but I just didn't want to do the drive home from Olean after.

Also in Olean there is a homebrew shop: "Lees"

Back