The new amazing bud light bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If Miller/Coors makes a tornado neck bottle (or whatever it's called) AND adds a write-on label, my head might explode!

If you can't make a tasty beer, then you must come up with a gimmick - it's the golden rule for BMC :D

If Miller/Coors makes a tornado neck bottle (or whatever it's called) AND adds a write-on label, my head might explode!

actually, I think true happiness can only come with a write-on vortex bottle where the rockies turn blue when its cold enough to drink. otherwise you'd have absolutely no way to know if the drink was cold. no way at all. and thats terrible.

actually, I think true happiness can only come with a write-on vortex bottle where the rockies turn blue when its cold enough to drink. otherwise you'd have absolutely no way to know if the drink was cold. no way at all. and thats terrible.

Superior drinkable triple hopped beer that's as cold as the rockies? Impossible. We don't have the technology.

nickharbour said:
I know that feel bro. Three different kinds of hops, how do they even keep track of all those hops!

It's not difficult since they drop 1 hop in 3 different times.

Only reason I can see this being useful is going to a bar, buying a chick across the way a BL and writing your number on it.

nickharbour said:

Omigosh, if they add a gamepiece on the back of the label and that gamepiece might allow you to win a T-shirt, a golf towel, or a can cozy, then we're all done for.

Only reason I can see this being useful is going to a bar, buying a chick across the way a BL and writing your number on it.

I would think it's meant for keeping track of which bottle is yours in a party type setting. It's not like people bother pouring BL into a glass...

I think they should make the peel off label like McDonald's does for Monopoly. "I got triple hops and Park Place! Score!!"

Um, I'm in the minority here, but I think it's marketing genius. It's an idea I wish I thought of.

Do I like bud light, not really, but bottles you can write on with a key or coin, genius. Let's face it, BMC doesn't sell beer, they sell lifestyle, gimmicks, packaging, and "good times". It's the whole "here we go" thing; it has nothing to do with beer. But yes, I love the idea of bottles you can write on. I wish my favorite micro had bottles you coukd write on, I wish I had bottles you can write on.

I think too many people let their hate of BMC get in the way of giving credit where credit is due.

Um, I'm in the minority here, but I think it's marketing genius. It's an idea I wish I thought of.

Do I like bud light, not really, but bottles you can write on with a key or coin, genius. Let's face it, BMC doesn't sell beer, they sell lifestyle, gimmicks, packaging, and "good times". It's the whole "here we go" thing; it has nothing to do with beer. But yes, I love the idea of bottles you can write on. I wish my favorite micro had bottles you coukd write on, I wish I had bottles you can write on.

I think too many people let their hate of BMC get in the way of giving credit where credit is due.

You mean that the habit of scratching the label of a beer, to identify it as you own at a party, was never thought of before?! Head about to explode!:drunk:

Are you kidding me ! That is so stupid it's making me angry.

I think its HIGH-LARIOUS! When I first saw the commercial I turned to SWMBO and said "Wow what a GIMMICK!" -she was nonplussed and said 'gee, don't homebrewers ALREADY write on their bottles?!?' Well, the caps, anyway.

But then I thought the turbo-neck bottles were pretty stupid too.
BMC doesn't sell beer, they sell lifestyle, gimmicks, packaging, and "good times". It's the whole "here we go" thing; it has nothing to do with beer.
You hit THAT one squarely on the head!

Even if I didn't pour my beer into a glass, it's easy to figure out which bottle is mine...it's the one that doesn't look like everyone else's.
:rockin:

I am quoting this NOT to pick on this user or confront them but to point something out...

This is a bad idea. Unless the the fairer sex is REALLY different around were you are...This is a lazy half-assed attempt to meet someone. But really what it is saying about you??? "Hi I am a lonely, cowardly, man with low self esteem. I bought you this light beer because I think you are cute but you may be getting a little fat and you have no idea what a good beer is. Call me, this is my number is below."

Let me know how that works for ya... ;)

As for frat parties...don't these normally include kegs? or has the frat party changed since I was involved?
:drunk:

The ONLY way this has ANY redeeming quality is for a funny commercial as follows: Person in cubicle farm starts using BL as post-its. insert odd/comical event here. Entire office needs more of the "New Post-its." hahaha and we are done...

The entire thing is dehumanizing anyway you look at it... F BMC.

The entire thing is dehumanizing anyway you look at it... F BMC.

what? i don't get it? I too thinks its brilliant. it has its place as I noted earlier. the frat party mentality can transcend many years of male adulthood.

PS, i would totally write "homo" on my guys bottles.:rockin: I'm 31.

It's marketing - it's new, it's smart, it's funny and gimmicky .. Now stop watering down your Arrogant Bastard with tears.

Back