Omaha, suggestions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheWeeb

Reaction score
I will be flying into Omaha tomorrow (Oct 26) to catch the Roger Waters The Wall show at the Qwest center. A quick search shows Upstream Brewing Co. in the Old Market area, overall A- rating on Beer Advocate and walking distance.

Are there any other places I should hit up for craft brew, either in-house or tap selection?

Thanks!

Check out the places linked in the Beertopia website. Beertopia is the coolest store on the planet I am convinced. My Gf went to Omaha this summer to visit some of her family who have set up a Little Ceaser's Pizza franchise there, and I was looking for a store that would have stuff I couldn't get in Detroit. They were really helpful.

There's bars listed on their site as well. There's some place listed called MAx and Joe's Belgian Beer Tavern for one.

Max and Joe's, Huber Haus and Crescent Moon are basically all the same bar, just different rooms with different themes, and are in the same building as Beertopia, all under the same ownership. Definitely go there. I like to sit in Crescent Moon as it is basically always empty. You can order the American beers from next door or the Belgian beers there. If you want German, you have to walk downstairs and buy them from Huber House, but you can bring them back and drink them at Crescent Moon. This is all within reasonable walking distance of the Qwest center if you have comfortable shoes on.

If you like watching frat boys drinking out of a stiefel, go downstairs to Huber House.

Upstream is very good. Nebraska Brewing Company, just south of Omaha, is fantastic. Find a way to make it there.

Awesome suggestions, thanks! I see there is a Rock Bottom that opened up recently there as well; these places do vary greatly by brewmaster (Rick Abotol at our Englewood location is a former home brewer and does a most excellent job on the casks and seasonals, for example) so I will probably add that one as well. I arrive at 11:00 am and concert is at 8:00 pm, should be a very good Omaha Pub Crawl!

Back