a lady hit my PARKED car!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GregR

Reaction score
I couldn't believe it! my car was parked out in from of new place and my roommate and I were out in the front yard playing ladder ball when my neighbor (whom I hadn't met until just then) come home and while trying to parallel park side swipes my front fender! HOW DO YOU HIT A PARKED CAR? now I gotta take it to the body shop and be without my car for a while! ARGGHH!!!

Ha, that happened to me before, when I was bunking with my wife one summer in this tiny apartment which happened to be in the middle of UVa sorority-land. I had this old-ass volvo sedan. I was moving stuff out of the apartment, and as I'm on my way to the car with a box, I see this dumb bimbo, in slow motion, slam into my rear quarter panel while backing up. Duhhhhh. She wanted to not call the police, but I learned my lesson the first time some ******* hit my volvo---if it's over $1000 in damage, the police must be called.

The funny thing was, I got hit twice in c-ville that summer while in the volvo. The first time, this *****ie trustafarian was driving his new saab that his mom just bought him. I was stopped waiting to turn left, with my blinker on, and bam, he slams into the back of me. I get out, and the Saab is totaled. The volvo...well...the rear bumper looked slightly out of place :D For my trouble, I got a few thousand bucks, and never paid for the repair. The same thing with the bimbo that hit my car...I didn't care about a little dent on my quarterpanel, but to get it replaced would have been $1500. So I pocketed it. If I could have kept that car running for awhile, I could have made my living just driving around C-ville waiting for fools to hit me.

So I pocketed it. If I could have kept that car running for awhile, I could have made my living just driving around C-ville waiting for fools to hit me.

+2

The first time my car got hit, it was parked while I ran inside a business to grab a form. I was inside literally 2 minutes, and when I got back out, a gentleman in a large cargo van was staring at my now smashed in rear bumper. He backed right into it. Filed with insurance, got a check for $600 and my stepdad popped the bumper off and fixed it himself.

Next time, I got hit in front. I was stopped, waiting to turn right down an alley, but there was a car trying to come out of the alley. I stop, and indicate that the man could turn first (since I couldn't turn down the street with him there). Well, he starts turning, but smashes into the front driver side of my car! WTF? I am RIGHT THERE! YOU CAN SEE ME! Pocketed about $1500 for that one, and let my stepdad fix a few more things. :mug:

I hope you and your neighbor can get off to a better start, after this mess is dealt with, Greg.

I was moving out of out old apartment, so I was borrowing my old man's Big-Ass Red Truck. Some old Chevy with a flatbed. Diesel. Four wheel drive. MAN TRUCK.

I was standing in the back, tying some stuff down, when these neighbors from the complex next door backed up into me.

On one hand, it was a big truck, so it was easy to hit.

On the other hand, I was freakin' parked, out of the way!

Still on the second hand, the truck is bright freakin' red, you can't miss it. Well, OK, technically they COULDN'T miss it, I guess that's the problem.

Anyway, they stopped. Wouldn't look at me. Window rolled down a little bit... "Uh, my bad."

NO FREAKIN' ****, SHERLOCK!

Of course, the Big-Ass Red Truck was fine; hell, I think the whole thing is built out of cast iron. Just put a nasty scratch down the side of their car. Did I mention that once they hit, they kept going so that instead of the scratch being maybe a foot long, it went the whole length of their car?

EDIT: "Did I hurt your truck?"
"Uh, no."

Ha, that happened to me before, when I was bunking with my wife one summer in this tiny apartment which happened to be in the middle of UVa sorority-land. I had this old-ass volvo sedan. I was moving stuff out of the apartment, and as I'm on my way to the car with a box, I see this dumb bimbo, in slow motion, slam into my rear quarter panel while backing up. Duhhhhh. She wanted to not call the police, but I learned my lesson the first time some ******* hit my volvo---if it's over $1000 in damage, the police must be called.

it was an old ass volvo that hit me. . . there wasn't even a scratch on her car. you sure you didn't sell it to some lady in San Diego? :D

I hope you and your neighbor can get off to a better start, after this mess is dealt with, Greg.

it sure was a hell of a way to meet the neighbors!:mug: but she was very nice and genuinely apologetic. her and her husband are going out of their way to make sure everything is righted. I wouldn't call this a bad start so much as an odd one. . .

My beloved '84 BMW 533i was totales in a hit-and-run while it was parked. I was out of town.

I guess I shouldn't complain much. I bought it for $4,000, dropped about $1,000 in repairs over 3 years and put close to 100k miles on it in that time. The insurance company totaled it out for $4,000.

Free cars FTW.

got the estimate - just under a grand when parts/paint/labor are all added in. good thing I don't have to pay for this. :D

finished-ladder-ball.gif

Ladder ball, AKA Testicle Toss

a fun yard game. basically you have 2 balls attached with a string and you throw them at the 'ladder' for points.

ladder_golf_Ladder_Ball_Ladder_Toss_Hillbilly_Golf_Horse_balls.jpg

It's a 4th of July tradition in my family. There's a lot of joking, tale-telling, beer-drinking, and general goofiness involved. Beer definitely improves the experience, if not the scoring.

Oh no, now I have to ask, WTF is "Corn Hole"?!?

Sort of a bean bag toss game, but the bag is filled with corn (at least the ones I have tried)

3x2upwbags.jpg

The boards are a set distance apart and you pitch the bags with the intention of getting them into the hole.

Absolutely fun and easy to build if you like.

Google Corn hole game and get an official .org site.

Imagine washers game only portable.

Sort of a bean bag toss game, but the bag is filled with corn (at least the ones I have tried)

3x2upwbags.jpg

The boards are a set distance apart and you pitch the bags with the intention of getting them into the hole.

Thank you for clarifying that... I was deathly afraid to google "corn hole" just as it is.... :cross:

3x2upwbags.jpg

Yep. Here in Texas, Washers is a big game. They have two pits at my neighborhood beer bar, Little Woodrows in Bee Cave.

grip1.jpg

I have never been hit or hit anyone in the car, but I have hit a deer in a 79 buick lesabre. Not a scratch.
Dead deer.

Edwort beat me to washer toss-
My neighbor has a big blowout every summer and that game is hilarious after a keg

In response to the OP, man that sucks. I had a Chevy S10 pickup that was hit, now get this, 7 times while parked. Seriously, 7 times! Most of the body had been replaced by the time I traded it in.

There's nothing like getting woken up at o-dark-thirty still half drunk on a Saturday and having to deal with some idiot and the police. BTW, to all the isurance claims agents, when someone says they were sleeping and the vehicle was parked when it was hit, it really means they were sleeping and are completely incapable of telling you what happened. I don't stay awake at night staring at my vehicle expecting it to get hit by some stupid drunk driver. *End rant*

When SWMBO and I lived in the 'Fan' (uppity part of downtown Richmond) someone backed into her Dodge shadow presumably doing a u-turn in the alley, crushed in her driver side door. We never saw it happen, and to this day it is still dented.

Also had some A-hole slash my passenger side soft-top window on my Jeep while living in the same apartment. Man its nice being able to park in your own driveway.

obligatory youtube video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfPjWQQDu3c]YouTube - female driver compilation[/ame]

on another note; I walk to class along heavily parked streets and whenever I see someone trying to parallel park, I stop and watch. I will be late for class because terrible parkers are just that hilarious.

BTW, to all the isurance claims agents, when someone says they were sleeping and the vehicle was parked when it was hit, it really means they were sleeping and are completely incapable of telling you what happened. I don't stay awake at night staring at my vehicle expecting it to get hit by some stupid drunk driver. *End rant*

Haha! We just need to know what happened. ie i was sleeping heard a bang...spoke tp police..etc. I feel you pain though we know you don't know what happened but we have to ask.

At least they did not leave the scene. When people hit and run it is the same as stealing in my book. If they did a $1000 in damage and left scene they stole that from you, even if you have insurance they still steal you deductible or whatever. PLus the insurance co will treat you like crap because they assume you got into an accident then lied to get out insurance increase.

Backed into while waiting for other driver to pull out; watched as she got into the car, watched wailing on my horn as she started to back up (I was blocked by car backing out and driving lane behind me in parking lot), staring in disbelief as she touches my lower side drivers panel (wrangler with top and doors off), the pauses, then hits the gas more to push me about two inches (NO INSURANCE IN BRAND SPANKING NEW NISSAN XTERRA or something)...

Hit in front drivers side fender in Volvo V70 XC on curvy back road in middle of the night (probably a drunk driver) who sent me into a tree hitting passenger front, then rear side, and speeds off round the bend and away. Sucky thing is the only house around wasn't awake and was luckily able to get enough of a singnal to call my bud with location and AAA number... totaled, pitch black and they never came forward.

T-boned by 18 Y/O chick who literally just turned left into my driver side fender of Volvo 850 turbo sedan, I manage to slide over off the road, crawl out the window and run over to check on them (now blocking almost three lanes) to have the driver 'My F*iIN CAR!' freaking out, her friend in passenger seat nods she is ok, calm down her like 3 and five Y/O bro/sis in the back seat and then go collapse by my now totaled car as people run up with business cards as witnesses etc...

Volvo 740 turbo sedan hit in front driver side fender by snow plow while parked. At least that's what I hear, they also never reported it.

I think that's it, but needless to say I'm done with Volvos... Jeep still running strong! I hate other drivers...

About 5 years ago, I had my Silverado parked in the street. Came home and somebody had hit it so hard from behind that the truck was pushed to block my neighbor's driveway - probably 20 feet. I found the windshield wiper from whatever hit my truck in my front yard!

Back