Going to Denver for one day. Where to eat/drink?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

two_hearted

Reaction score
Like the title says. I'll be in Denver for a day/night with some friends and I am looking for some info on where to go for dinner and beers. I like breweries and good food (not necessarily stuffy/pricey food).

Where do you Colorado types like to hangout?

Where are you going to be staying?

Downtown area. Breweries: Wynkoop (good food too), Denver Beer Co, Great Divide, Renegade, Breckenridge, TRVE,
Beer Bars: Euclid Hall (good food, a bit pricey), Fresh Craft, Cheeky Monk.

If you are going to be around the airport, check out:

http://www.cautionbrewingco.com/

I was just there on Friday and sampled three very tasty and unique beers. Two thumbs up!

Also, you can kill two birds with one stone by visiting

http://www.drydockbrewing.com/
and
http://thebrewhut.com/

at the same time since they are attached to each other. The Dry Dock beers are great (large selection) and the brew hut graintopia room is something to behold.

Casey

Just got back from Denver. Wynkoop was very good. I also liked Ghost behind the Marriot on California. Large selection and good food. Great Divide is good but no food although the place across the street has excellent food and great beer selection. I cant remember the name, but it is right across the street.

Nearly all breweries have food trucks on any given night. Making cheap food relatively easy near all good beer.

Euclid hall is overpriced in my opinion. If you're looking for a good sit down lunch/dinner with beer selection try Freshcraft. Its near Wynkoop can't remember the street off hand.

River North if you're near the ballpark.
Prost if you like German beers. All their equipment is direct from Germany. Best pils in America.
Crooked Stave if you want sours. But its off the beaten path.
Denver Beer Company's beers aren't my favorite. But the location and atmosphere is on a sunny nice day.
Great Divide if you can make it during a weekday while everyone's working. Otherwise be prepared for it to be PACKED.

Where are you going to be staying?

Downtown area. Breweries: Wynkoop (good food too), Denver Beer Co, Great Divide, Renegade, Breckenridge, TRVE,
Beer Bars: Euclid Hall (good food, a bit pricey), Fresh Craft, Cheeky Monk.

These. Also, if you're out in Lakewood, Yardhouse at the Colorado Mills Mall (don't let the location fool you) is great and has tons of good beers on tap. Near Coors field is Falling Rock Taphouse is about a block south and one of my favorite places for 70+ beers on tap and is kind of a Mecca for beergeekery. Food is pretty decent for bar foodAlso in the immediate area are Great Divide and Breckenridge. Strange brewing is downtown-ish, so you may want to check them out if you have time. If you're flying out of DIA, New Belgium Hub is good for a sit down beer and grub, and New Belgium Spoke is good for a quick beer and a grab-n-go sandwich.

Thanks guys. I think we're hitting Falling Rock for beers and then Breckenridge for dinner and then to some beer and games type of place? Not sure what it is but my friend who lives there is excited about it.

Food trucks are awesome! Also, check out Flying Dog's taproom...limited hours, but a great find. I miss mexico city tacos...

Crooked Stave is amazing. Also make sure to check out Great Divide. The best bar has got to be Falling Rock. You never know what kind of crazy rare beers they'll have on tap. Star Bar is a great dive bar and probably one of my favorite places I went to when I was there.

Thanks guys. I think we're hitting Falling Rock for beers and then Breckenridge for dinner and then to some beer and games type of place? Not sure what it is but my friend who lives there is excited about it.

Is the "beer and games type of place" the 1Up?

If your friends are near Coors Field go to Great Divide and then head over to The Falling Rock Tap Room. No better selection of craft beer in Denver. If you like German beers, hit Probst (new brew pub). Have fun - great town.

Back