Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
richkev said:
Do you guys with converted chest freezers inside have any issues with condensation? I have mine in the garage and I usually have to throw a towel in the bottom during the summer. I live in a humid area.

Saw these in a thread on here. Someone was using in their keezer and said they worked great. I haven't tried them yet.
http://www.eva-dry.com/products/eva-dry-333-mini-dehumidifier/

I wasn't sure whether to add this to the keezer thread or label artwork thread but i figured that since it is drawn on my work in process keezer, I figured this was the right place. Here are my fiancee's quick 15 minute chalk drawings for the beers i plan on having on tap for a Game of Thrones premier party we're hosting for a few friends. It includes the crest and motto of the houses that the beers were named after.

IMG_0318.jpg

IMG_0319.jpg

iamstrong123 said:
I wasn't sure whether to add this to the keezer thread or label artwork thread but i figured that since it is drawn on my work in process keezer, I figured this was the right place. Here are my fiancee's quick 15 minute chalk drawings for the beers i plan on having on tap for a Game of Thrones premier party we're hosting for a few friends. It includes the crest and motto of the houses that the beers were named after.

I'm in love with your beer names and artwork! Really nice job. Love GOT. Can't wait for seez 3!

Photopilot said:
That is a thing of beauty. I'd like to see the whole room its in for perspective.

Thanks for all the kind words. Once the rest of the room is cleaned up ill throw up some more pictures. The opposite wall is my tap handle collection of about 50 handles, and a few more beer signs and posters. Still planning on putting in glass racks under the shelf. Thinking about building a card table with the same painted galvanized piping as the frame.

It's taken a few weeks to make it through all these great keezer pics & I finally decided to join HBT. Anybody know of any good 220 volt temp controlling options for those of us building keezers outside the US? Looks like eBay has a bunch of 220 aquarium units from different places in Asia but still a little unsure.

This is my project. I am making a 16" drip tray out of #4 brushed 304 stainless. I'm also thinking of covering the wood with some pre finished steel or aluminum. Btw I am a sheet metal worker who specializes in architectural sheet metal mostly copper. I plan to add a 3rd tap in to this as well, just only have 2 kegs.

image-405440555.jpg

It's taken a few weeks to make it through all these great keezer pics & I finally decided to join HBT. Anybody know of any good 220 volt temp controlling options for those of us building keezers outside the US? Looks like eBay has a bunch of 220 aquarium units from different places in Asia but still a little unsure.

Those will work fine. Also love controllers or dwyer controllers are made in Spain originally so they got to be available around the world. Since most stuff is coming from China, might as well order a 220V from ebay and skip the middleman. Whats the beer scene like in Brasil?

Thanks. I could write a book about the beer scene in Brasil but I'll try to be brief since I'm new here & some people might just want to get to the Keezer pics so PM me if you want more details.
In a nutshell it's like the US in the early 80's- lots of big brand watered down stuff. Skol is the big brand (maybe Bud light will be in a few years but HUGE stigma about using the word light) but a lot of people prefer draft beer (one reason SWMBO is down with me making a keezer in the apt here) with Brahma Chopp (chopp just means draft) being the fave draft. It's served ridiculously cold (I've seen as low as -6 C) in small glasses to keep it cold & for the social aspect of sharing.

Thanks. I could write a book about the beer scene in Brasil but I'll try to be brief since I'm new here & some people might just want to get to the Keezer pics so PM me if you want more details.
In a nutshell it's like the US in the early 80's- lots of big brand watered down stuff. Skol is the big brand (maybe Bud light will be in a few years but HUGE stigma about using the word light) but a lot of people prefer draft beer (one reason SWMBO is down with me making a keezer in the apt here) with Brahma Chopp (chopp just means draft) being the fave draft. It's served ridiculously cold (I've seen as low as -6 C) in small glasses to keep it cold & for the social aspect of sharing.

Welcome! :mug:

Ok, I feel I can finally post this here. It still has some internal work to be done, and at some point two more taps will be added, but here it is, The Keezer! :D

KeezerSortaDone.jpg

Do you have any pics of the process or pics under the hood and how it's put together? Would love to do one like that.

Thanks!

I just got a pair of the dual-insert magnetic tap handles from BestBrewTap. Asked for them to be made in Cocobolo, and got exactly what I wanted. The end result is perfect for my 2.5g keg system. Easy to swap inserts out, and they stick to the front of the fridge.

IMG_0581.jpg

IMG_0582.jpg

IMG_0584.jpg

IMG_0587.jpg

That's a nice one.
Course, at my house the top of it would be covered in miscellaneous crap in about 7 minutes. Any horizontal surface...:mad:

Back