Control Panel Enclosures

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcaudill

Reaction score
So I'm curious what everyone is using for control panel enclosures. I used a metal cash box that worked out pretty well with exception I'm now about out of room running three different voltages and a bunch of relays. I've seen people use the plastic enclosures from the LHS but I'm not a big fan of that. I'm on the hunt specifically for metal ones that are pretty spacious. Maybe this would be a good resource thread anyway so post some pics!

Thanks in advance.

P1040745.jpg

P1040744.jpg

AutomationDirect.com is where we shop for enclosure and most electrical supplies.

I use a 5 quart aluminum pressure cooker from Goodwill; $9. I took the handles off, tapped the side to accept a 3/4" pipe and ran the wires through it. Nothing like it.

I bought my steel enclosure on ebay from Electrical Replacement Parts.
By far the best price I've found, and the box will survive a nuclear blast.
They've got stainless too if you're a bling whore :D

Sort of related, I got all my DIN-rail mounted stuff from Tier1Automation.
Really good prices, free shipping, and you can buy just 1 of something if that's all you need.
That was my only complaint with AutomationDirect - I don't need 50 pieces dammit!

I bought my steel enclosure on ebay from Electrical Replacement Parts.
By far the best price I've found, and the box will survive a nuclear blast.
They've got stainless too if you're a bling whore :D

Sort of related, I got all my DIN-rail mounted stuff from Tier1Automation.
Really good prices, free shipping, and you can buy just 1 of something if that's all you need.
That was my only complaint with AutomationDirect - I don't need 50 pieces dammit!

Thanks! Always looking for better suppliers.

This old Craftsman tool box was free for me and worked out pretty well. I made the hinged top plate and the front cover from some sheet metal that I pirated from an old filing cabinet.

panelcropped.png

IMG_5439s.jpg

This old Craftsman tool box was free for me and worked out pretty well. I made the hinged top plate and the front cover from some sheet metal that I pirated from an old filing cabinet.

Holy clean Batman! Very nice job. Unfortunately my setup is a bit more complicated than that but that is definitely clever.

Back