What is the most prestigious homebrew competition?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomHanx

Reaction score
The creme de la creme...

I assume it might be The National Homebrew Competition Homebrewers Association | About the National Homebrew Competition. I of course have no idea though, that's just the top result from google so... i also assume only because of it's connection to the Homebrewer's Association.

anyways if that's not it, what else might it be or at least a few other's that might not be the biggest and baddest but are at the top?

Sam Adams Longshot is pretty prestigious since if your beer is selected, it is sold nationally in a 6-pack with your photo on the label.

I would rather win the NHC Best of Show, though.

The NHC is the most well-known, and very well regarded nation wide. Getting a medal from there is pretty cool!

There are many local competitions that are very good as well.

Sam Adams Longshot is pretty prestigious since if your beer is selected, it is sold nationally in a 6-pack with your photo on the label.

what if you're ugly like me? that would suck. i would hate to have my face on a bunch of 6 packs going around the country. im pretty sure that would deter anyone from buying it. plus if they did it would just give them drunken foder to make fun of

what if you're ugly like me? that would suck. i would hate to have my face on a bunch of 6 packs going around the country. im pretty sure that would deter anyone from buying it. plus if they did it would just give them drunken foder to make fun of

But how many of your friends/relatives would call in with information about your whereabouts? Betcha a lot of them didn't know you were "missing."

:ban:

contest.png

Get your damn beer served at Gillette Stadium!

Which one is most prestigious? Got me. I just want to throw some love towards Sammy for this and the Longshot competition. They probably do more to promote our hobby than anyone else out there.

If your looking for prestige, this may be the wrong hobby for you.

I never said anything about wanting prestige...

I'm just thinking about a goal one day of being able to actually compete against other fellow home brewers and wondering what the top of the competition mountain is

Not trying to be the Scarface of homebrewing

Back