New Handmade Growler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ace_Club

Reaction score
Check it out. Friend of a friend made it for me!

ForumRunner_20110122_180806.jpg

ForumRunner_20110122_180837.jpg

What was the final volume on that thing, Ace? Blowing out a Grolsch bottle is quite the good idea if you know how to do such a thing. Walls are probably thinner than normal though, right?

What was the final volume on that thing, Ace? Blowing out a Grolsch bottle is quite the good idea if you know how to do such a thing. Walls are probably thinner than normal though, right?

Final volume is noted on the bottom as 64 oz., although I haven't done a fill test yet. It isn't just a blown out Grolsch bottle, it's 100% blown from scratch. It is thick walled and pretty hefty (especially when compared to my Rock Bottom growler).

It's a very nice piece, I can't wait to give it a test run!

If anyone is interested, he's set up a website. You can check out the different kinds, purchase them, and even see videos of them being made.

Those are pretty cool. I'd like to see some multi colored glass though. Like red, blue, yellow, green all on one bottle. You know hippy type stuff.

From the website: "Since they all are unique, it's no big deal to send us a specific request. we can make your bottle in many colors and sizes and in any shape that you see on this site. "

That is, you can special request anything you want.

So is that a single or double perk growler? LOL, just kidding. That looks awsome!!!

kmk1012 said:
So is that a single or double perk growler? LOL, just kidding. That looks awsome!!!

Thanks! It's a great way to showcase your brew. Makes a good gift, too.

Very nice indeed. I am a glassblower too, but I work in Borosilicate and these are all made with Soda-lime glass in a glory hole. Needless to say, I will have to order a custom one for myself.

These are nicer than the growlers I've seen with the big metal handle. I'll order a couple.

I would love to see the pictures of them when you receive them. Please post them here!

Tried mine out this weekend. Worked perfectly! It also looked very good being brought into the party filled with homebrew!

Sexy as ell. Bookmarked, will definitely pick one up as soon as I can afford it and have a brew worth storing in it.

oh p.s. you say they are hand-made so they can make different shapes? For example I don't see yours (which is awesome) on that website anywhere. If I sent them an idea for a profile along with a color scheme, they could roll with that?

Sexy as ell. Bookmarked, will definitely pick one up as soon as I can afford it and have a brew worth storing in it.

oh p.s. you say they are hand-made so they can make different shapes? For example I don't see yours (which is awesome) on that website anywhere. If I sent them an idea for a profile along with a color scheme, they could roll with that?

Yes, they do custom shapes/colors.

Just got word that Vessyl will be able to make glow-in-the-dark growlers/bottles now. Show off your brew equally well during both night and day!

They are now making custom glass tap handles for anyone interested.

Pic attached are of the ones featured at Lake Bluff Brewing in Chicago.

2011_03_LBBC14.JPG

Homercidal said:
Wow. Those are cool! A new gift idea for those homebrewer who has everything. And the prices are not bad for what you are getting!

They are very well made.

steinsato said:
Not to be a total perv, but those tap handles look like they could be used for something else.

Feel free to use them however you want. I just got one that glows in the dark and it rocks! :rockin:

Not to be a total perv, but those tap handles look like they could be used for something else.

Hahaha... very very many glass blowers/workers make exactly that as a source of income. Sturdy, smooth, easy to sanitize.

Saw something on TV about people who would boil them to sanitize them and then ahem... "use" them while they're still warm...

Back