Light German

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mapleroots

Reaction score
Grain Bill
10LB. Best Light Munich
1LB. German Pilsner
1LB. Golden Promise
2LB. Wheat
Mash in 1.25 qt. per LB. @ 155*f
Mash out and batch sparge 1.25 qt. per LB. @178*f
Boil Time 90 min.
1oz. Citra @ 60 min.
1/2oz. Citra @ 30 min.
1/2oz. Citra @ 30 min.
California WLP 001 White labs pitchable
Primary:10 days
Secondary: rack on top 2 oz. Willamette: 10 days

how light were you going for? that much munich isnt really light. i dont know if you were going for a helles style or something like that, but in that case i would have flipped the pils and munich amounts. why the 90 min boil? and is that a type with the 2 citra additions at 30 min? should be fairly tasty regardless.

I went as light as I'm probably going to go with a beer, and the only reason is my uncle requested a lighter beer than I would usually doo. I've been experimenting with dubble lagers and chocolate beers. so this is a step away from that. not sure what you mean about the 90 min. boil, I doo this with all my beers. I'm not going for any certain style, just a good lighter beer. with the hops selection I'm expecting a citrus, grapefruit, lemony zest flavor. I'm brewing this today so I will keep posted on the progress.

Back