GRAFF.. Yeast problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drew_101

Reaction score
I made GRAFF monday morning.. Pitched notty at 75* F I didn't have any krausen (sp??) this morning (Wed) Also no airlock activity..I know don't always go by this but I didn't have any Krausen at all on top of GRAFF So I pitched us 05 rehydrated on top of wort .. I didn't have any more notty...I didn't know if mixing two different yeast would be any good or not but I was freaking out.. What do you think do you think it will turn out good or bad. Thanks...

I made GRAFF monday morning.. Pitched notty at 75* F I didn't have any krausen (sp??) this morning (Wed) Also no airlock activity..I know don't always go by this but I didn't have any Krausen at all on top of GRAFF So I pitched us 05 rehydrated on top of wort .. I didn't have any more notty...I didn't know if mixing two different yeast would be any good or not but I was freaking out.. What do you think do you think it will turn out good or bad. Thanks...

patience my friend, patience....

since graff isn't beer, you may not get a lot of krausen, and we all know how Revvy feels about judging fermentation by airlock activity.

have you taken a hydrometer reading yet?

using both notty and US-05 won't mess up your graff; they're both pretty neutral yeasts.

patience my friend, patience....

since graff isn't beer, you may not get a lot of krausen, and we all know how Revvy feels about judging fermentation by airlock activity.

have you taken a hydrometer reading yet?

using both notty and US-05 won't mess up your graff; they're both pretty neutral yeasts.

Graff is a sort of apple beer. When you add DME to your apple juice you have changed it from a Cider to a sort of beer.

I've had Notty poop-out on me twice, once with Graff. It took a considerable amount of effort to get the brew going again. A lot of people like it though, I've just had bad experiences with it and I prefer to use US-05 these days.

Back