Corny Keg Post ID

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrregularPulse

Hobby Collector
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody know the ID of a corny kef post? I have some that were converted to SANKE taps by welding the lid in with a sanke post. The guy proceeded then to weld the gas in and beer out posts shut. I don't see any reason I couldnt convert them back adn leave the sanke taps on also just incase. I figure these would seal with pressure, not causing any issues by not having a tap there and using the ball locks.

This is where my question comes in. I need to drill those posts back out where he welded them shut. What size drill bit to use? So anybody know the ID of these posts?

YURI - The posts are still on, just the holes in teh posts are drilled through so there are still the threaded posts to screw ball lock or what not onto. (I'm assuming, Not 100% on how these type work, Ive never seen one in person). I'll try adn get some pics tomorrow if I have time.

Specail - I could stick with the sanke (and after pricing the piece to convert to ball lock I most likely will do. It's about 50 bucks to buy all dip tubs and fittings where it is only 30 to be a refurbed ball lock keg. ) It's just that going with ball locks as assposed to regular sanke taps means I don't need a coolar for my kegerator project. I could always buy the low profile sanke taps I guess. Just trying to weight all my options.

This thread is kind of obsolete now though since pricing the ball lock conversion if it even was possible. I'd be cheater to buy refurrbed ball locks. Thanksfor the replies though.

I'm not going to worry bout it yuri. Just to buy the piecees needed to convert them with new gas and liquid dip tubes and fittings would be more expensive than to buy refurbed ball lock kegs.

Back