Best Beer ever, and a broken regulator.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DizzyPants

Reaction score
I have a Danby kegerator I picked up at Home Depot about five years ago. It has a Draught Technologies regulator that has been very difficult to turn the screw to adjust pressure. I have had to put a big pair of channel locks on it to get it to move. Well, I carbed up a beautiful Saison (my best effort in about fifty batches) and the screw finally came out of the front while I was adjusting the pressure down. It seems to have been severely cross threaded and finally just stripped out. The gauges still work well.

I am not sure what I am looking at as far as repair. I guess the central unit will have to be replaced. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thx,
~Diz

After taking it apart it looks like it is just the outer housing that has the threads and the screw itself is jacked. Should be an easy fix. Gotta get back to the brew.

mine is having the same problem. how did you get the retaining nut out?

I can not even get the screw out. It is held by a retaining washer (not sure if that is what its called) to prevent the screw from fully being unscrewed. Any ideas how to remove that?

Not sure about fixing it with out pictures but at some point time and beer is money in my book. I'd just order a new one with a nice easy adjustment knob, but that's just me. ;)

I called the company that makes the regulator and they are sending me out a new bonnet for free. When I told him that the screw cross threaded he was quick to give me a new one. Sounds like it happens alot

Back