Recipe Suggestions for APA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LS_Grimmy

Reaction score
Howdy,

About to brew this tomorrow and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. It's a slight adjustments of JZ's APA

APA.JPG

yup, looks good! i can't think of a way to change it. well, i can think of 1000 ways to change it, but none of them would necessarily make a better beer. looks like you've got all your bases covered. i'm guessing you have mostly maris otter, and then some US 2row is because you don't have enough MO on hand? totally legit to do that! i love victory malt in a pale too, btw.

SenorWanderer said:
yup, looks good! i can't think of a way to change it. well, i can think of 1000 ways to change it, but none of them would necessarily make a better beer. looks like you've got all your bases covered. i'm guessing you have mostly maris otter, and then some US 2row is because you don't have enough MO on hand? totally legit to do that! i love victory malt in a pale too, btw.

Actually I have 2 lbs left over of regular 2 row i want to use before i jump into the full bag of MO

It does look good. It's on the malty side of the style, so you might wind up with something more like an American Amber, but there's nothing wrong with that at all.

TL

Back