Kegerator condensation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dobberson24

Reaction score
To all who have had problems with keg condensation; I have found a solution! Get yourselves an Eva-dry unit- a renewable mini-dehumidifier - and hookup a small fan. When you direct the fan at the dehumidifier the kegerator/keezer is kept bone dry. I had an Eva-dry in my keezer for months and it wasn't doing the job until I directed the fan at the Eva-dry from an inch away. Now within a week my keezer has gone from mildew dampness to desert dry. Hope this helps someone.

Sweet, I have the fan, and the Eva dry, jut need to get off my ass, take the Eva dry out of the package, and put it in the kegerator.

Do you have a consumer unit, or DIY?

What size unit are you using? My kegerator is soaked inside and the damp rid is not working one bit. i have one of the HUGE tubs in there and it doesn't seem to help.

Bought the Eva-dry unit a year ago for maybe $25. Just use the typical computer fan powered by a cellphone charger cord. It made all the difference in the world having the fan blow right at it. Had to plug the Eva-dry in to dry it out after 3 or 4 days a few times but once it's dried out its good for a few weeks. Don't waste your money on that chemical crap. Not sure the square footage of my keezer but it can fit 4 kornies, plus some bottles on the hump.

I recently built a Keezer (14.8 cubic foot) and I'm having condensation issues also. Which Eva-dry unit should I purchase? I see many units on Amazon.com. Here are a few:

Eva-dry Renewable EDV-300/E-333 Wireless Mini Dehumidifer $14.38
Eva-dry E-500 Renewable Wireless Mini Dehumidifer by Eva-dry $25.43
Eva-dry EDV500 Dehumidifiers $29.99
or Should I go with a different model?

I am also having issues with condensation from the chest freezer wall freezer lines dripping down the walls and pooling up inside the freezer by the compressor. It is pooling up and has a orangish color because it is moving threw the yellow insulation. Does anyone have any ideas on how to minimize the condensation inside the walls of the freezer? Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks for your help!

I recently built a Keezer (14.8 cubic foot) and I'm having condensation issues also. Which Eva-dry unit should I purchase? I see many units on Amazon.com. Here are a few:

Eva-dry Renewable EDV-300/E-333 Wireless Mini Dehumidifer $14.38
Eva-dry E-500 Renewable Wireless Mini Dehumidifer by Eva-dry $25.43
Eva-dry EDV500 Dehumidifiers $29.99
or Should I go with a different model?

I am also having issues with condensation from the chest freezer wall freezer lines dripping down the walls and pooling up inside the freezer by the compressor. It is pooling up and has a orangish color because it is moving threw the yellow insulation. Does anyone have any ideas on how to minimize the condensation inside the walls of the freezer? Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks for your help!

I have a 16 sq.ft chest freezer I converted into a kegerator, and it fits 8 cornies no problem. Thought I had the condensation issue undercontrol by adding some addtional insulation and sealing the @#$% out of every gap/hole I could find but even in the winter I am getting moisture inside. I am going to be using 2 of the Eva-dry Renewable EDV-300/E-333 Wireless Mini Dehumidifer, one will always be inside while the other is "re-newing" as well as a marine bilge pump to direct airflow towards the dehumidifier which will also help circulate the air.

I thought about going with a high capacity unit but I want to keep the cost down and since I can get 2 for cheaper than 1 high capacity unit its more economical. I expect that I will have to swap the units our often during the initial few days of the dehumidifier being introduced but figure once the humidity stabizes a single unit could last a couple of weeks. Having 2 of them will prevent me from forgetting to put a unit back after it's "re-newed" and having to play catch up as a result.

I saw this thread and bought one of the 500 ser units. Have a bit of condensation in the keezer I just built and the outside kegerator seems to always have water in it or frozen on the plate. Will see how this one works and then order another for the outside unit.

Thanks!

To all who have had problems with keg condensation; I have found a solution! Get yourselves an Eva-dry unit- a renewable mini-dehumidifier - and hookup a small fan. When you direct the fan at the dehumidifier the kegerator/keezer is kept bone dry. I had an Eva-dry in my keezer for months and it wasn't doing the job until I directed the fan at the Eva-dry from an inch away. Now within a week my keezer has gone from mildew dampness to desert dry. Hope this helps someone.

The eva-dry wasn't working for crap for me either, but after moving it in front of the fan as suggested it appears to be drying everything out. Will report back if things go south, but this looks promising! :rockin:

Back