Better Solution for Burner/Keggle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrShake

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Until I can piece together all the parts for a single tier electric setup, I need a better solution for my hobbled-together 3-tier...

A while back, I purchased a banjo hurricane without a stand (got a deal on it) and its currently residing in an old free-weight holder. I don't trust the welds on this holder any longer and want to find a better solution.

Anyone have any ideas for an inexpensive stand that will hold the burner and a keggle?

I bought one of these stands used, cut the central crosspiece out and mounted my Hurricane. Since this was taken, I've moved the burner an inch higher, installed a windscreen made of roof flashing, and bolted the whole thing to my brewstand. It's very sturdy.

Hurricane2.jpg

You could always search craigslist for turkey fryer setups. People are probably selling them like crazy right now. Any stand that you could bolt your burner too like shown above would probably work. My turkey fryer stand was a little too small to hold a keggle on it so I bought a steel grill rack at Home Depot for $5 and place this ontop of the burner and it now holds my keggle perfect.

So I checked out craigslist... no one has a reasonable deal on a fryer at all, let alone a usable stand.

Any thoughts on a DIY option?

I don't have pics here at work but I built my hurricane stand out of an old bed frame, scrap wood, and the tube from a cut keggle. try to get some pics up when I get home, but there are a bunch of ways you could configure it,

Above ^^^^^ seems like a good option especially if this is a setup you plan on changing in the near future.

Back