Odd Fermenting Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chicago1948

Reaction score
So I have a Belgian Ale in primary and used an airlock. It seems to be bubbling very irregularly. (yes sometimes I stare at the airlock). Almost all of my previous batches were very regular, almost metronome-like. This one bubbles for five or six times, rests and then bubbles for one or two, etc.

Is this odd? (there is starstan in the three piece airlock, on a BB with a carboy cap).

This indicates that you pay too much attention to your airlock. It does not matter.

There is nothing odd about it. I wouldn't read too much into airlock activity, it's not really a good indicator of anything. Honestly, don't worry about it...sounds like your Belgian is doing fine!

I have a belgian kiwi wit going right now...my airlock does the same thing...but I just leave it alone as I do not like messing with the fermentor after I have pitched yeast (unless I need to adjust temp)

If its a bucket then it's just your lid expanding under pressure and once the pressure builds it'll release it all through the airlock. If its a carboy, then I got nothin...:p

Back