Tap Spacing - Oops - need your opinion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How should I do this?

• 6 Tap Option

• 7 Tap Option

• 6 taps, keep current spacing, find new drip tray

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

culaslucas

Reaction score
I'm searching for drip trays for my keezer but the only affordable one I can find is 19.5 inches (3rd up from the bottom: Bar Products, Bar Supplies, Kitchen Equipment, Wine Accessories and lots more.).

My current taps were designed around this tray but I want to add 2-3 more taps eventually.

My question is: do you think the taps look too scrunched together in my (poorly) photoshopped image below? Do you think the 6 or 7 tap configuration looks better? If they look to scrunched, wtf should I do about a drip tray?

Current Configuration 5" center-to-center:

Proposed w/ 6 taps - 2.5" spacing:

Proposed w/ 7 taps - 2.5" spacing:

Proposed w/ 6 Taps, 5" spacing:

I spaced mine, IIRC, 3" apart and use a stainless steel speed rail (lined with paper towel) as a drip tray. Sourced the speed rail from Rapids Wholesale for a quarter of the cost of a "real" drip tray.

Nah, they're fine. Just go with 'em close together. That drip tray is the same one I have and it's nice enough for the price that its worth having them close. Plus, it doesn't look bad at all. Although, if you were to put big tap handles on them, it might get sketchy.

7 Taps is fine...unless you plan on a regular party. With taps that close, hands & glasses will get in the way.

Maybe sets of 2 for similar beers during the party?

if you went with anything other than the six with 5 inch spacing seems you would need to change the out the wood collar at least the front . And the others just look to crowded to me.Also be limited as to size of the tap handles

I placed my three taps further apart... maybe 5", maybe 6" (I can't recall). I have a tap handle collection (maybe about 75), and I wanted the flexibility to use any of them at a given time... seeing that some are wider than others, I didn't want any possibility of hitting the neighboring handle.

Obviously, if you stick the the standard small black plastic handles, this isn't an issue.

Back