Strawberry Blonde

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brett3rThanU

Reaction score
I used this recipe for my Strawberry Blonde except after 1 week I added 5 lbs of strawberries to my primary bucket. 2 weeks later I racked it into the secondary and gave it a quick taste. It definitely has a strawberry flavor, more in the aftertaste however, not much up front. It's also more tart than I would like. Do you think this tartness will mellow after a few weeks in the secondary? Or should I just accept this from strawberries?

+1 that it should mellow while aging. I would think that you could possibly add lactose at bottling to add some sweetness to counter the tartness. Just a thought.

Well this beer finished a while ago and the tartness definitely did fade. I don't know how to describe the flavor, but it's odd, however there is a slight strawberry flavor to it. For some reason the beer is extremely cloudy, even after putting a few bottles in the fridge for 2+ weeks. What would cause this cloudiness? Doesn't seem like yeast because it hasn't fallen out of suspension in the fridge.

Back