Show us your sculpture or brew rig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My new rig, R2-DBREW!
More info here!

R2DBREW.jpg

ddahl,

I am looking to build something very similar to your set up.

Are you doing a HERMS recirculation ?
Are you direct heating the Mash tun ? to keep your temp ?

Do you have any more pics?
Do you have a build thread for your panel & sculpture ?

Thanks
Steve

steveoatley said:
ddahl,

I am looking to build something very similar to your set up.

Are you doing a HERMS recirculation ?
Are you direct heating the Mash tun ? to keep your temp ?

Do you have any more pics?
Do you have a build thread for your panel & sculpture ?

Thanks
Steve

It's not much of a build thread but I have posted a little more about it here, https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f170/different-e-brewery-380514/.
If you have anymore questions you can ask them there.

It's a electric setup, batch sparging then recirc from the BK/HLT to mash tun. Also check out the link I posted above for the Brutus 20, that's what it's based off of.

https://picasaweb.google.com/m/view...26000/5641315894754697505/5833398957557759730

I have been slowly designing my ultimate brew rig. I wanted to build a portable system that would allow me to easily transport my rig and have fun at a brew-in. It is almost complete. Hope to upgrade the kettles next year. Cheers!

Next upgrades include bottle opener attached to stand, 3-way valves so I can just turn a valve and direct as needed.

In the process of converting to all grain. Have my mash tun and keggle ready to go, just need time to brew and build a stand. Here's my pretty awesome setup now though. :mug:

photo-1.jpg

I built this last spring and its still a work in progress. All gravity fed. Runs off a single propane tank and can run all 3 burners at once. Adjustable feet to level and 2 wheels to roll around. Kinda heavy but sturdy. Have had 3 people sitting on the burners no problem.

IMG_20130120_142800_045.jpg

IMG_20130120_142854_108.jpg

IMG_20130120_142933_598.jpg

https://picasaweb.google.com/m/view...26000/5641315894754697505/5833398957557759730

I have been slowly designing my ultimate brew rig. I wanted to build a portable system that would allow me to easily transport my rig and have fun at a brew-in. It is almost complete. Hope to upgrade the kettles next year. Cheers!

Next upgrades include bottle opener attached to stand, 3-way valves so I can just turn a valve and direct as needed.

I can't get your link to work:drunk:

I had posted an early photo of this a month or two ago, but this weekend, I visited my buddy in the Pocono's and helped him break in his newly completed DIY brew rig. Everything went great after we ironed out a small leak or two during the test and we brewed 5 gallons of Chocolate Milk Stout. He also made the immersion wort chiller. Here are a couple shots of his completed rig.
2013-01-26_10-24-07_963_zpsb52a0bc1.jpg

Sparge Manifold
2013-01-26_15-50-45_266_zps87ea3d15.jpg

Mash is done and we are now boiling
2013-01-26_15-50-31_614_zpsb1bc8dbe.jpg

Here's my custom gravity setup and the two yokel's I brew with...
The other picture is of my future single tier system

IMG_1251.jpg

photo (1).jpg

Apartment brewing at it's finest! no room for a stand, but i'm cool with that :)

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

Badass rig, Dave. What are you gonna brew first?

Looks like you could switch it to electric in the future quite easily if you felt like it.

jammin said:
Badass rig, Dave. What are you gonna brew first?

Looks like you could switch it to electric in the future quite easily if you felt like it.

Thanks! I designed it with the possibility to convert to electric if I ever had to. It's also easy to use as a HERMS rig with the use of an IC in the HLT.

I'll probably just do a pale ale for the first brew. Then I have a Belgian trippel that I've been wanting to do forever but haven't had the capacity.

HollisBT said:
What was your process for polishing that one keggle? It looks very nice, the whole system looks killer.

I pretty much went with Bobby_M's process that he has at suebob.com. Took a lot of work though, so it's still up in the air whether I do the other two.

ok after 4 days of reading and going through all 235 pages.. i need to build a stand. and i have pulled some great ideas from this thread. ill post some pics when im done building it. now time to convince the wife. thats the hard part.

Fractional said:
ok after 4 days of reading and going through all 235 pages.. i need to build a stand. and i have pulled some great ideas from this thread. ill post some pics when im done building it. now time to convince the wife. thats the hard part.

Better to ask forgiveness. And tell her they have great resell value so it's like an investment.

OneHoppyGuy said:
There are a fortunate few (me included) that have the full backing of their significant other. :rockin:

My SO also brews, so I usually have to justify why I should NOT buy more stuff haha.

my SO loves beer tried to teach her once. but she lost interest when the water was heating up for the mash. she just wants the end result.

i asked her last night if i could build a brew stand
the response was " as long as it dosent max the credit card or drain the bank account go for it, oh and you have to have the room for it.. then go for it"

I love it when shes on cold meds..

HollisBT said:
My SO also brews, so I usually have to justify why I should NOT buy more stuff haha.

Mine doesn't like beer, will on drink corona light or something like that with lime, yuk. We go to taco Mac all the time, 300 beers and about 90 on tap and all she ever orders is a corona light. Recently made cream ale and American which I'm hoping she will drink when ready

image-731906441.jpg

Here is my new electric BIAB rig. I'm just waiting for the electrician to install the spa panel and outlet. The cart is actually a $45 shelving unit from Lowes with $17 worth of rolling, lockable 2 inch wheels.

DrHops said:
Here is my new electric BIAB rig. I'm just waiting for the electrician to install the spa panel and outlet. The cart is actually a $45 shelving unit from Lowes with $17 worth of rolling, lockable 2 inch wheels.

So they do makes wheels for those little shelves. I've gone trough hell and high water looking for some to no avail. Did you find them at lowes as well (presumably next to the shelves an not in some random dusty corner of the store)?

Lowes carries them in the stores. They are Waxman 2 inch rubber swivel casters. They sell for $4.28 each and every wheel has a lock on it. They make a non locking version as well and they sell a 3 inch version for a little more. And yes, they screw right into the bottom of the legs, just screw out the foot and screw them in. They are rated for 80 pounds each so a total of 320 pounds, the shelf itself is rated for 250 pounds per shelf, plenty of weight for a full 15 gallon brew kettle with grains.

I made it easy, I ordered it all online and did the in store pickup so they would gather everything together for me. Home Depot sells almost the same exact shelf at around the same price, but they do not carry them in the stores and I didn't feel like waiting.

Back