Elder Scrolls Skyrim

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a new 42" TV for Christmas, cannot wait til i have some free time to travel the lands of skyrim on that sucker.

oh yeah, by the way.

we got home and that projector is boss.
407519_10151117077330393_602095392_22626139_81944980_n.jpg

we moved some furniture around and I hooked it up to our stereo. It's amaaaaaazing.

Barnzy02 said:
Got a new 42" TV for Christmas, cannot wait til i have some free time to travel the lands of skyrim on that sucker.

I got a 46 inch for my bedroom for Christmas

Misfit said:
Ha what can I say I have an amazing girlfriend.....also to rub it in your face I also got a 4 tap keg setup for Christmas

Ok now you're just being rude ;)

I've got a pretty decent television to play the game on, but I need one for the bedroom. I want the feeling of laying there in bed watching tv or playing games. Kegging is a couple years off :/

bottlebomber said:
I've got a pretty decent television to play the game on, but I need one for the bedroom. I want the feeling of laying there in bed watching tv or playing games. Kegging is a couple years off :/

You can get into kegging this year. Save 150

bottlebomber said:
And just buy a corny and tank to keep in the beer fridge?

You need a corny a co2 tank, gas line, beer line, picknic taps regulator and you are in businesses

You can get all of that for 150? The cheapest one I could find was 225... Im guessing this is a used corny etc?

acuenca said:
You can get all of that for 150? The cheapest one I could find was 225... Im guessing this is a used corny etc?

Most people use used corny kegs. New ones are too expensive. You can typically get one for $30

JohnnyO said:
Most people use used corny kegs. New ones are too expensive. You can typically get one for $30
the set from the lhbs was with a used corny... Ive seen them on craigslist for 20.... Thats what im holding out for...

Misfit said:
http://www.beveragefactory.com/draftbeer/kits/SHPCK-BALL_1keg_homebrew_party_kit.shtml

Add on a 5 pound co2 tank and its up to about 165. Dunno with shipping. But that was just from the first link that came up on Google.

Yeah with shipping its 200. I really want to get into a minifridge/ keg setup... Thanks for the link! the price at the lhbs was similar to the nb and midwest kits w/ used cornies so I thought id just go with my lhbs...ill have to do more online searches I guess...

acuenca said:
Yeah with shipping its 200. I really want to get into a minifridge/ keg setup... Thanks for the link! the price at the lhbs was similar to the nb and midwest kits w/ used cornies so I thought id just go with my lhbs...ill have to do more online searches I guess...

If I were you I would pass on the mini fridge setup. It really limits you on how big you can go. If you have one keg carbing and another on tap you are maxed out

This game is incredible! Haven't touched WoW in weeks, and haven't brewed since November 13th. It'll be a sad day when the last two kegs run dry and there's nothing in the pipeline.

Still no fix for the Thieves Guild quest bug on PS3. This is really starting to piss me off. The game is just so awesome, why can't they fix it?

Oh well, I've just played around it and on up to level 43. Maybe when I start another game the problem won't be there. There's no way I'm going back now.

CHefJohnboyardee said:
Wow level 43...

I'm level 9 but can only play three or four hours a week.

Do more smithing and enchanting. Im level 42 and i'll bet more than half of that came from just those two things. Great way to earn money too, upgrading and enchanting your spoils.

That bug was fixed a while back, I just quit going there until they patched it.

No way am I starting over, just yet.

_

Not related to the bug, but I'm thinking of starting over. I'm not happy with my character. I tried to force myself to play differently than I did in Oblivion, but I keep reverting back to my now I mainly have perks that match my game play. I can't decide between argonian or khajiit

Do more smithing and enchanting. Im level 42 and i'll bet more than half of that came from just those two things. Great way to earn money too, upgrading and enchanting your spoils.

Exactly. I enchant practically every piece of jewelry I find, then sell it. Unless, of course, it's already enchanted with something I deem appropriate for my character.

Also, I pick up every animal pelt I can, turn it to leather and make armor. Then I enchant the armor and sell it.

Exactly. I enchant practically every piece of jewelry I find, then sell it. Unless, of course, it's already enchanted with something I deem appropriate for my character.

Also, I pick up every animal pelt I can, turn it to leather and make armor. Then I enchant the armor and sell it.

Double-enchanting perk makes this extremely lucrative. But then I find myself taking perks in speech to improve the value. So far I've wasted about half of my 40 some odd perks on improving the value of the stuff I make.

I'll second this...and training the crap out of everything...even the stuff you don't plan to use.

Started stalling out at level 45, then ran across some giants that kicked my butt earlier. I built up my blocking and leveled up twice in 10 minutes. Improved Daedric armor helps. They were stomping and hitting me all over the place. I really don't see how anyone could get to level 100, it's starting to get boring for me, hopefully expansion packs are on the way.

wildwest450 said:
Started stalling out at level 45, then ran across some giants that kicked my butt earlier. I built up my blocking and leveled up twice in 10 minutes. Improved Daedric armor helps. They were stomping and hitting me all over the place. I really don't see how anyone could get to level 100, it's starting to get boring for me, hopefully expansion packs are on the way.

the game is awesome, but its going back into the case when Mass Effect 3 shows up. I think I have about 85 hours on it. Im a sneaky archer, and with a daedric arrow I can take a giant down in one shot on a sneak.

https://cdn.homebrewtalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/Gourmet.bmp

Was just getting ready to serve up some food on a quest, thought a screen shot captured the moment.

Overall it's great game, but soooooo damn big. I've talked with two people, both were WOW fans and it wore them down with the amount of quests and size of everything. Level 35 and I've joined almost every guild, but nowhere near finishing all their questlines.

I gave up on the game. They obviously designed this for a console, shoot-em-up experience and it plays like one. The mouse and menu/console is complete s**t for the PC. I'm just glad I didn't shell out the $60 bucks for this one...

bernerbrau said:
Just wait until you have to fight an Ancient Dragon.

I hit level 50 and they started attacking in PAIRS.

Ha!

The other day I saw Maiq the liar and wanted to talk with him, midway through our conversation a frost dragon saw us and apparently thought "hey, **** those guys" and attacked. Scared the crap out of me, lol.

Is it me or do dragons normally show up at all the wrong times? I'm trying to sneak into a village that's got a big bounty on me and then low and behold a dragon brings out all the guards. Guess that's karma for killing Imperial guards.

I tried to pickpocket Maiq the liar for some Moon Sugar. He caught me, but instead of trying to attack me like they normally do, he freaked out and ran away, going "Don't hurt Maiq! Leave Maiq alone!"

Back