Anyone ever re-capped/corked marinelli's sparkling cider bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Branket

Reaction score
I was just at sam's club and I bought a case (12 bottles for $5) of martinelli's sparkling apple cider. Since I love the juice anyway I thought it may also be a convenient solution for when it comes time to bottle my apfelwine. The bottles look like standard 750mL wine bottles but they are capped with a metal cap like you would see on a beer bottle, so this made me wonder how (if at all) one could go about resealing these bottles? Has anyone done this?

Here's a picture in case I explained it poorly (then again my camera also shot poorly):
IMG_1497Small.jpg

Thanks.

I'm assuming since the bottles come with sparkling cider in them that they are ok to hold carbonated beverages as well right?

You should be fine, the glass on those bottles are pretty thick. Really nearly any glass bottles that are used for carbonated beverages can be reused, I like to use perrier bottles myself.

They seem to work with a hand-capper. I am testing some bottles. Most hand-cappers can cap 26 and 29 size. Flip the bottom plates around to 29 and use the 26 top, at it seems to work.

Back