Acronyms used here...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ale_mongrel

Reaction score
now my dad was in the service, he used (still does) acronyms all the time, so most of the time i dont have a problem figuring them out, but ive seen a few here im still scratchin my head on

LHBS-Local Home Brewing Supplier (easy)

WIP or BIP-Work In Progress/Brew In Progress (ok no biggie)

SWMBO-what the hell is this?? I am sure its your significant other from context, but i cant seem to work this one out.

if there are others you can think of (humerous or not) throw em up with their explinations

two of my faves are
snafu-situation normal , all fouled (or the other word) up

fubar-fouled (or the other word) up beyond all repair

I once tried to CIP aftare a SMASH BIAB with my SWMBO but a few of the QD's came apart sprayed the PID fried the RIMS and now my CPC and PC are all FUBAR.

:D

and I always heard FUBAR as f'd beyond all Recognition

Welcome to the HBT forums! - we jab in jest, to amuse ourselves, sometimes to make a point, often at the expense of newbs....

and I always heard FUBAR as f'd beyond all Recognition

Welcome to the HBT forums! - we jab in jest, to amuse ourselves, sometimes to make a point, often at the expense of noobs....

Actually I have heard it as both, recognition and repair...it's the nature of these things, there may be derivation. I have also heard Lhbs referred to as supply and supplier beside shop...

And it's newbs btw, LOL ;)

Awesome. I was trying to figure SWMBO out myself, but knew not to ask, as I would find it eventually.

Great manual of acronyms. Now no one has an excuse.

Back