Finally streamlined my brew day!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mosquitocontrol

Reaction score
It only took a year and 40+ extract batches but I've finally streamlined my brew day. I just did two different 5-gallon batches (4+gallon boils) in my apartment, on my electric stove in 4 hours flat start to finish! Everything is cleaned dried and put away. No messes on the floor or anything. So relaxed the entire time too. Its second nature now.

So much easier to start getting in the habit of 10 gal every other weekend now. Hope everyone else had a successful brew day today too.

I do them both at the same time, timed ~30 minutes apart. Basically once the steeping grains are done on the first batch I get going on the second (with water already preheated to 155F). 30 minutes apart is just enough time for the first to cool down with the wort chiller before the 2nd one is done.

I currently have to use my electric stove and the dang thing only has one burner big enough to brew on! Even if I had a second brew pot, I could still only do one at a time.

Good job streamlining your process!

I will have to semi-detail it out next time. But it pretty much comes down to being organized. Actually, that is second to being calm and making less of a mess. I would always have to add -washing the floor as the last task on brew day. I gave up on cleaning the stove that will always be a mess.

My brand new Whirlpool range isn't powerful enough to do two boils at the same time, I've been forced to split my extract brews up into 2 pots...

Back