Trolls

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not certain I even WANT to know how the moose got that high up. I want to feel sorry for him, but something tells me he made the bed he is suspended from.

BTW, Sailor, would you not agree (being a man who has been around his share of elk) that getting out of one's car to watch a herd of them eat is unwise?

BTW, Sailor, would you not agree (being a man who has been around his share of elk) that getting out of one's car to watch a herd of them eat is unwise?

Agreed, according to my Wife, me getting out of the car to watch any animal eat is unwise because it makes me too hungry!

haha!

My wife thinks approaching the stranger 3/4 ton ungulates was a reasonable thing to do. I think you are better off ticking off a lion than an elk...

We have some photos somewhere of me petting a wild Moose and feeding it raw potatoes and apples one winter before we moved out of Anchorage. NOT the smartest thing I have done.
My wife and kids accused me of pre-stuffing it for dinner - they weren't too far wrong!

Hehehehe!

I have two rules when it comes to hunting, no killing of anything I am not planning to eat, and no killing anything that has ever been my buddy at any time.

Id be a lousy rancher. Whole ranch full of "pets."

I've raised bunnies, quail and pheasant in my backyard. The kids were allowed to name 1 each of the bunnies and I am not allowed to eat anything with a name.
My Wife, Marti, said it is hilarious to watch me go out and check the animals' conditions, food and water because it always looks like I am feeling them for plumpness and readiness to cook.

Isnt it funny how the human mind works. Birds I could kill myself without too much pause. A bunny? Forget it. But I could eat one that someone else killed, even in front of me.

I probably wouldnt eat cats or dogs out of respect for all the dogs and the couple cats I have loved.

Squirrels I could kill and eat without an issue, even though there is a favorite squirrel in my backyard area that makes me laugh with his antics. I'd of course not be able to kill Squirrelio Iglesias.

When I list things like this out, I realize they make no sense whatsoever.

CreamyGoodness said:

Very unwise, especially during mating season. During a trip to Yellowstone, my wife and I were watching a video compilation of people and vehicles being attacked by elk when they decided to get too close. I think we were the only ones laughing, but it was comical to see all these people trying to get mere feet from elk without any regard for safety or common sense.

Subsailor said:
That's the same with Bison in Yellowstone!

Yep. The bad thing is they're everywhere! It makes for some great pictures, but can make you nervous being so close to them sometimes. Even being in a vehicle.

Yep. The bad thing is they're everywhere! It makes for some great pictures, but can make you nervous being so close to them sometimes. Even being in a vehicle.

We were visiting my daughter in Texas about 7 years ago and she wanted to go the Wild Animal Park down around San Antonio. We went and she wanted to see Zebras. Of course the windows were down and she was throwing stuff for the animals to eat out of the car when a Zebra walked up behind the car, stuck it's head in her windows and rubbed it's wet hairy mouth up against her head. She screamed and through whatever it was hse had out the window and rolled it up saying - I didn't know they were that big!
My sides were hurting I was laughing so hard!

And nothing like a russian moose high on hops playing around power lines. Let this be a lesson to all the minor meese that a little hop can kill

See I knew I did not like IPA's for a reason:fro:

Subsailor said:
We were visiting my daughter in Texas about 7 years ago and she wanted to go the Wild Animal Park down around San Antonio. We went and she wanted to see Zebras. Of course the windows were down and she was throwing stuff for the animals to eat out of the car when a Zebra walked up behind the car, stuck it's head in her windows and rubbed it's wet hairy mouth up against her head. She screamed and through whatever it was hse had out the window and rolled it up saying - I didn't know they were that big!
My sides were hurting I was laughing so hard!

That's funny. I think I've been to the same one. It was just me and my wife at the time and we didn't follow the "guidelines" to drop the food out the window. At one point we had three or four zebras with their heads in our windows. It was so crazy that people in other cars were taking pictures of it. Theres nothing like having a zebra reach his head in the car and try to grab the bag of feed out from your lap and then chew it inches from your face. We really enjoyed that place except for the ostriches. One of them grabbed my phone while I was trying to take a picture and I had to wrestle it away.

That's funny. I think I've been to the same one. It was just me and my wife at the time and we didn't follow the "guidelines" to drop the food out the window. At one point we had three or four zebras with their heads in our windows. It was so crazy that people in other cars were taking pictures of it. Theres nothing like having a zebra reach his head in the car and try to grab the bag of feed out from your lap and then chew it inches from your face. We really enjoyed that place except for the ostriches. One of them grabbed my phone while I was trying to take a picture and I had to wrestle it away.

Funny you mentioned Ostriches and not enjoying them - my wife absolutely hates ostriches. Of course they were around and each time she saw one she would shudder and keep her window closed near it.

A 1600lb herbivore hopping somebody - daaannnggg!

We were driving to the Grand Canyon from Flagstaff (through the reservation - coming into Desert View on the east end) very early in the morning - before sunrise. In a part where the road was cut through so there were cliffs on either side, an elk decided to leap over the car. He cleared right at the windshield and let me tell you after that I didn't need any more coffee to be awake! :eek:

We were driving to the Grand Canyon from Flagstaff (through the reservation - coming into Desert View on the east end) very early in the morning - before sunrise. In a part where the road was cut through so there were cliffs on either side, an elk decided to leap over the car. He cleared right at the windshield and let me tell you after that I didn't need any more coffee to be awake! :eek:

Now that would make your butt pucker! I could see the need to pull Naugahyde out of your backside after something like that!

cheezydemon3 said:
a moose once bit my sister

My wife swears a shark bit her on our honeymoon. True story. But I was there and there were no sharks close enough. No blood - no bite.

Wait. What's this thread about??

I was bitten by a troll just last week and I must say, it stings. Got me just below my shoulder blade.

Now see I was always told you may a V incision and put a drawing agent like chewing tobacco on the wound...

Thanks so much for this tip. It was boggling my mind how to suck the poison out of my back. I had a strip of tubing ready, reaching around trying to get one end attached to the wound, then suck from the other end. But was finding it very difficult to get a good seal. I'll try the chewing tobacco method instead. Thanks!!

Funny you mentioned Ostriches and not enjoying them - my wife absolutely hates ostriches. Of course they were around and each time she saw one she would shudder and keep her window closed near it.

You've not lived until you've ridden an ostrich.

Ostriches as delicious. Otherwise, not a very successful creature.

They also make very good guard animals. They don't make much/any noise, but they do have a lethal kick and they can be very irritable.

This would make a great troll topic here if you added:

You've not lived until you've ridden an ostrich while drinking a delicious busch light.

Or an epic troll topic if it were:

You've not lived until you've ridden an ostrich while drinking a Michelob Ultra Tuscan Orange Grapefruit. :D

This would make a great troll topic here if you added:

Or an epic troll topic if it were:

You've not lived until you've ridden an ostrich while drinking a Michelob Ultra Tuscan Orange Grapefruit. :D

Troll award for both of you.
trollL_zps17a7d99d.jpg

I followed the instructions on my True Brewer kit to the letter, but something went wrong because now I'm on the roof with a concussion and my dog drove off in my truck.

No, that's how it's supposed to work. Homebrew is an aquired taste....

Latest posts

Back