how much beer line

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avm221

Reaction score
ok so i have 20ft of 3/16 hose hooked up to on my mini fridge that i built, the tap is going shank is going though the door. the guy at the brew shop told me i should use all of it, but im wondering if its to much, i know there is a foaming issue with to little hose but is could this cause issues having to much hose?kegarator.

so most likely if i cut it in half down to 10ft the quality of the beer wont change, like to foamy, and ill be saving CO2.

ok what the easy way of doing this if you already have beer in the lines, i got thursday, friday off so i might brew a brown or amber and work on the kegarator.eather

turn off all valves on the co2 and the kegs, remove the hose and hose clamps ( if you use them ), and cut, then hook everything back up. let the beer in the lines drain

The best advice I have read on this forum for how much beer line is twice as much as you think you need.

I just re did my kegerator beer lines today because I was pouring almost a full glass of foam. I uses the online calculators and after plugging my numbers in try all Sao I needed between 5.5 and 6 feet. I cut mine to 7 thinking I would be safe.

Mine are now 12ft long, and they won't be going an inch shorter.

I would start with at least 10 ft.

note: stove's note tells me i need to add something: it depends on the temp you keep your beer at. i use 3/16, 6', 11 psi, at 38 degrees

The longer line is not going to use more co2 to push the beer out. The beer will pour more slowly out of a longer line with the same pressure/co2 usage. Set the pressure you want the beers to be carbonated to and then adjust the length of the lines accordingly. I'm using 10' lines at 12psi and 44 degrees. Pour is slow, but not to much foam (I was getting to much foamwith my original 5 foot lines)

Temp, psi, line size, line length and the height of the tap are all contributing factors.

The best advice I can give is to buy a bunch of line and start experimenting on your particular setup.

hight of the tap? how dose this make a difference, i just built this out of a mini fridge and i drilled though the door and put a tap in

oh im good then my tap is at the same hight as the top of my keg

Back