Good Downtown Chicago Beer Shop

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uwmgdman

Reaction score
Anyone have a good downtown/near North side Chicago micro shop? My brother recently moved there and I'll be visiting him sometime in the next month or two. Any suggestions?

Thanks Ladies and Gents!

uwmgdman said:
Anyone have a good downtown/near North side Chicago micro shop? My brother recently moved there and I'll be visiting him sometime in the next month or two. Any suggestions?

Thanks Ladies and Gents!

Goose Island, Hop Leaf, Map Room, Burghoff

Places mentioned so far are all bars (and I think Berghoff is closed?)...sounds like you're looking for a bottle shop? Best place to start is probably Sam's Wines at 1720 N Marcey (near North & Clybourn). They usually have a pretty good selection. Binny's Beverage Depot is also pretty good (couple different locations near downtown).

Yeah, Sam's is a good place to start/ Plus its right across the street from the Goose Island Brewpub on Clybourn. Good excuse to hit them both...I mean... you're there, right?

I haven't been there yet, but supposedly the new Binnys in the South Loop is monstrous.

Stop in to Beer Bistro (bar, not bottle shop) on W Madison (1200 block, I think). The have a great selection and good food too. Friendly bartenders too.

Is Casey's still there? I used to order beers from Alan that I couldn't find in Seattle. Went there several years ago and he had an amazing selection.

I spent a few months downtown there last year. The Rock Bottom brewery got a lot of business from me. It was within walking distance and they have pretty good food. Try the buffalo fajitas.

Back