What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just pulled a Hefeweizen out of the fridge to try. It's been carbing for 2 weeks, so I have my fingers crossed.

"Compare-a-Toro" two 8oz pours for $3. The one on the right is a 100% NC (local) grain bill. Both are good and easy drinking. Local version has a hint of popcorn but I actually like it better. Grain bill includes: nc corn and grits. @Fullsteam brewery in Durham NC.

staticmap

image-1871943552.jpg

My Honey Ale. Used about 30% honey. Very low finish gravity.1.001 :fro: Nice, taste like a wheat/pilsner somewhat- probably better. Has a crisp floral orange quality to it with a nice citrus. Pretty simple grain bill and used Glaciar/NZ hallertau hops.Didn't expect a 7%er. Doesnt taste like one either but its a pretty nice summer ale so far, a bit young though. One beer-no supper yet-yeah definatley feels like a 7%er.

jonmohno said:
My Honey Ale. Used about 30% honey. Very low finish gravity.1.001 :fro: Nice, taste like a wheat/pilsner somewhat- probably better. Has a crisp floral orange quality to it with a nice citrus. Pretty simple grain bill and used Glaciar/NZ hallertau hops.Didn't expect a 7%er. Doesnt taste like one either but its a pretty nice summer ale so far, a bit young though. One beer-no supper yet-yeah definatley feels like a 7%er.

I recently bewwed a Bavarian style hefe and added honey thinking 5% or so and got 6.4% same case I guess. I heard to add honey at the end of the boil to get more honey flavor and less alcohol any suggestions?

My last glass of Thomas Coopers Pilsner before crawling into bed as I have to be up at stupid o'clock in the morning (3:10am).

Mind you I don't have much choice atm as it's all I've got on tap.

I recently bewwed a Bavarian style hefe and added honey thinking 5% or so and got 6.4% same case I guess. I heard to add honey at the end of the boil to get more honey flavor and less alcohol any suggestions?

Yeah,thats what i did.I primed with honey as well.Im thinking it will fade though so maybe drink them sooner for more honey character. People add it after primary fermentation as well and some dont pasterize it also claiming that boiling will lose its character which may be true. But i havent done that,yet.It worked fine for me,although i may be getting this character from my hops as well.

Having a Two Brothers Pillar of Salt-its pretty awesome.

My 60/-. I do really need to get on with making myself a beer engine, this would only be better on cask.

I was at the Allagash Brewing Company last weekend in Maine and had their Bourbon Black. It was fantastic! It is their Black Belgian Stout aged in Jim Beam barrels. Draft only, at the brewery, and a few bars in Portland, ME.

-Mike

Drinkin my home brewed Pale Ale while brewing an IPA. It's the simple things that make life good...

Back